The Clock Tower

It’s called going incognito, my friend.

I was gonna have a big surprise where I released my 5th dungeon idea, but I suck at making sprites, literally everything else is done in the idea. But eventually I just got tired of being sneaky, so, I guess I’m back now? Yay?

well then, welcome to the forums strange person I may or may not have seen before!

it’s dangerous to go alone, take this: :cookie:

This deserves immense praise, fantastic dungeon concept. Truly incredible, props on props to you good sir.

So… whens this getting moved to #ideas:best???

Incredible, only word to describe this

I guess this dungeon is pretty good…

I like the fact that it tells a massive story and everything makes sense at the end. And I like the idea of having little “stories” on scrolls that you can stash in your vault or wherever and read whenever you want to. That’s very creative.

Spook and the Ichor Lord now have their own backstories. You have certainly gotten a lot of mileage out of them.

Overall not too much to complain about here. I guess some of the Argentum drones look a little repeated aesthetically, but that isn’t too bad. My only other issue is that there may be too much content here, but this is all in good fun, and it’s all reasonably high quality.

This project has my approval. Good work Xaklor.

Uhhh

Wow two dungeon ideas happen to share a very generic name, how coincidental.

yes, let’s completely ignore the fact that I commented on that very thread, and even commented first:

very much logic, large brains we has no?

ahh finally about time you released it!

Ive heard of this for… as long as ive known you almost(probably longer?)

but yeah good job, i can tell the quality of it by my amazing reading speed of 5sec/page.

Probably will never read it, but will bookmark for when i do decide to!

makes me sweat about my descriptions that im making for my dungeon :sweat:

lol someone posted that same thing on the reddit:

no I’m not, that’s deliberate. Behemoth speaks in incomplete sentences and broken up thoughts.

you got this one, so I fixed it

once could also argue that if the Lesser Shade doesn’t have enough power to maintain a definite form then it doesn’t have enough power to be dangerous, but that won’t change it from what it is.

now if you have anything useful to say, then please do so. but poking holes in my writing itself accomplishes nothing. surprisingly enough, I think the useful comment/sheer praise ratio is actually higher on the reddit. if you really want to be constructive I’m looking for stuff like this:

Yeah uh, I’d like to see you write 80+ pages ( I’m assuming the images cover up a lot of pages total in the idea. ) without any grammatical errors, I’ve read over my entire 5th dungeon idea ( Which is 35 pages long without any images ) about 4 times, and i’m still finding some errors I’ve made, whether I put the wrong word in, or a simple spelling mistake, I keep finding them.

Dude it’s not even the lesser shade that I’m talking about. You don’t even remember what you typed?[quote=“Xaklor, post:42, topic:11446”]
but poking holes in my writing itself accomplishes nothing.
[/quote]

Yea so is you calling me an idiot after you copied the name of someone else’s dungeon.

I don’t want to be constructive. I just come here pointing out that you copied the name of someone else’s dungeon that he posted on the forums. I couldn’t care less about your “80+ pages”.

What would I be writing about which would require that many pages?

I can do that.

Looks like it’s an incomplete idea if you don’t have all any sprites.
If it was me that made the grammatical errors the whole forum would start complaining.

StarIiAS

Maybe that’s why I’m still working on it?

Also " All any sprites ", What?

Come on! He spent almost a year working on this with several other people.

At least congraduate him on writing 95 pages. That incomplete idea has like 2 pages, even if he did copy, which im 98% sure he didnt, then he still spent 93 pages writing, balancing, developing and making his idea.

He is also a very respected idea maker, currently his 3rd dungeon.

do you think you can do something of this quality? if you do. then i want to see it within a year.

Who the fuck cares about a name, my dungeon currently is called the “ruins of the lost”, you could say i copied lost halls since they both have the word “lost” in it. but these two share almost no similarities.

And there are plenty of times you happen to run into similar works. Like for example a scepter that hits 1 enemy, ive seen like 5 of that, but they probably didnt copy each other. they are all just that awesome.

###Your basically shitting on his whole last 10 month of hard work.

Then fuck off.

this is not up for debate, if you want proof this came first here it is:

this is the edit history of the document used to hold the information on the Clock Tower before it was organized:

notice that, even though the name was changed to “The Clock Tower Stuff” on June 20th, the original name of that document was “The Clock Tower”, and was both created and named that way on November 29th, 2016.

if you wish to continue in your fool’s crusade, things will end poorly for you from here on out.

I would do this whole dungeon just for the spook sorc skin.

Once again, amazing job with this dungeon!

The one thing I was hoping there would be more of was some clockwork creatures, as I really tend to like those, but it was a fantastic job nonetheless.

I really hope this gets added to the game.

I originally wanted to have many more clockwork machine enemies, but quickly found out that I’m not that good at sprites. I like the ones I did do though, I think they fit nicely. :slight_smile: