Tome of Retribution

###Tome Of Retribution

This heavy book was created to punish the wicked and save the innocent, its center glows with an unearthly purple hue…

The priest watched helplessly as his friends were slaughtered by the minions of Oryx, no more cowering in the back. It is time for revenge… It is time for retribution

Which one do you think is better?
####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Duration: 5.5 seconds of healing
  • Cooldown: Area damage cooldown is 3 seconds, no cooldown for the healing
  • Range: 5 squares healing, 3 squares damage
  • Effect: Heals 200 hp ,grants healing for 5.5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +4 attack +2 dex +2 def
  • Special properties: Instantly deals 300 damage to enemies that are in the radius
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 900

####Drops From:
-Mountain Temple Wing 2 from Lord Xil
(If there’s going to be one)

####More info
What I made the tome for was actually for the new dungeons that were coming out, and they all involve being swarmed by a shit ton amount of enemies. So having a priest with area damage will be very useful. I mean come on, have you seen the Lost Halls or the Epic Hive? It’s supposed to HEAVILY encourage cooperation by staying close together and killing things as a group! This tome will also be good for rushing dungeons, like abysses, pups, crawling depths, basically any dungeon that can get you swarmed by a bunch of monsters!

What priest gear to use

damaging and instant damage? maybe too much

From the way it sounds, I don’t think so.
Within the range of 3 squares, it does 300 damage.
Whether that’s an average or whatever is up for debate.

Looks pretty good, but I think it should just have one flat cooldown of 1 seconds for healing and damage. The damage is pretty minor so it doesn’t matter much. Also the stat bonuses are a little strong. Sprite is pretty good

my bad i thought 300 dmg was to big. looks good

I don’t like any tome that deliberately tries to increase the amount of damage that a priest can do. priest is supposed to be stupidly weak, so leave it there.

No it’s just instant damage

Priest is a good class but many people get discouraged because of the low dps

if priest had good dps it would be more overpowered than knight and wizard, it’s hard enough to actually get killed while using a priest so just deal with the low dps.

3 squares is nothing it cant help a ranged class to have to be 3 squares near anything to do dmge. just as an example warrior buff is 4 squares. Imagine the risk and reward really. I would honestly increase the range to 5 just cuz the dmge is probably only going to be useful against groups of mobs and wont increase dps against single targets

With the new Mountain Temple UT wand I’d say priest is overpowered if you manage to get it, you do +200 average dps on enemies under 40 def.

But many classes have abilities that change the way they’re supposed to be played. For instance, the ogmur sacrifices the stun in order to armor break, the plague poison sacrifices damage for range, the puri sacrifices actual health bonus for the power to rid yourself of those pesky debuffs we all hate so much, the oreo sacrifices defense and an hp buff for invincibility, the Orb of Conflict sacrifices curse and berserk for speedy and damaging.

I could go on but the point I’m getting at is yea, of course this tome is changing the damage capabilities of the priest, and it’s not the most original concept, but at least it’s more original than just tomes that give damaging or berserk, and it’s not like the actual priest is getting a massive buff, it’s getting an item that CAN (that doesn’t mean it WILL) change the way and style it’s played.

So you think change is bad? If everyone thinks this way then there would be no advances in human civilization, and we wouldn’t have the internet and computers and stuff. If you take chances at doing something, you can achieve great things.

“Take a chance, you never know how perfect something will turn out to be”

That timing xD

:heart_decoration:

What I made the tome for was actually for the new dungeons that were coming out, and they all involve being swarmed by a shit ton amount of enemies. So having a priest with area damage will be very useful. I mean come on, have you seen the Lost Halls or the Epic Hive? It’s supposed to HEAVILY encourage cooperation by staying close together and killing things as a group! This tome will also be good for rushing dungeons, like abysses, pups, crawling depths, basically any dungeon that can get you swarmed by a bunch of monsters!

^^^ I like this explanation I made, i’m going to edit it into the post :3

ogmur doesn’t give knight 4 extra tiles of range

plague doesn’t give assassin 20 defense

oreo doesn’t give paladin enemy piercing

conflict doesn’t give mystics the ability to restore hp

now do you want to take a stab at why that is?

yes, you’re supposed to change how the class plays, but you have to consider the capabilities of the class without the UT. the priest is actually already capable of all those op effects I mentioned, on a single class. the only thing holding it back is the dps, if you fix that too then the priests become far too powerful. they’re already one of the most versatile classes in the entire game, adding even more to that is my issue with dps tomes.

somewhat related:

that’s not what I said. in fact, change is very literally the thing I’m telling you to do about your tome. you’re not addressing my argument, you’re dismissing me simply because my stance is contradictory to yours.

yolo?

no thanks, I’d rather try to spend my one lifetime not messing up.

The most versatile class right now?

What item gives this?

If you have the Tome of Retribution equipped, you won’t be getting +20 def
Also, 300 damage is not that much for a priest. Every single class with a damaging ability can do more than 300 (Except Necromancer) Plus priest NEEDS this because of the horrible accuracy of wands. You’re acting as if every single shot by a priest would reach the enemy. Have you ever done a sprite world with a priest? Or tried to hit one of the tomb bosses without activating the other? Priest doesn’t get loot because of the horrible wand damage and the fact that it’s hard as hell to hit a moving target when you only have 1 shot, and not 2 like a wizard.

If the Priest is going to do something negatively to the enemies, please take the Paladin’s Fairy Seal route and inflict a status effect on them. Xak could not have said it any better.

If you still want the vengeance to be damage related then curse could be an option. I’ve got mixed opinions on the curse effect though. 1.2x damage is barely an increase for a Priest where it would be a significant increase for a Warrior or Wizard. It may be reasonable considering it isn’t a single selfish buff like what the Orbs provide but something everyone can take advantage of.

I personally suggest these stats for the item.

MP Cost: 120
Curse Duration: 4 (6)
Range: 5 (7.5) For both Effects. (Heal and Curse)
Heal Amount: +200 HP (300 HP)
Stat Bonus: +4 ATT, -40 MP

Formulas:
Range
5 WIS<30
5 + WIS/30 WIS>=30

Duration
4 WIS<30
4 + 2*WIS/75 WIS>=30

Heal Amount
200 WIS<30
200 + 4*WIS/3 WIS>=30

You don’t have to take it, it is simply a suggestion.

The stats are good but main point was to have instant damaging around a certain radius