Un Tiered [unSB UTs]

this has probably already been suggested
but why not make ut’s tradable? there is no reason for it to not be?
and if it is please give me the reason.

Duping, some UT’s are too good to be traded and would be obtainable easier than playing the game.

ok

Changed title for clarity
See here:

Not an actual problem reee

??? Decas are better than most UT rings, should that be soublbound? same with UBHPs.

What about the UTs that aren’t super good? should those be unSB?

easier* ;))

That’s literally the point, making items obtainable by players that don’t farm for 5 hours a day for 5 years.

lookin at you jugg

haha friend, you’re in luck, some people have been arguing about this over on the thread that @ArexRew linked

Yes it is reeeee

Lol thats another time thats been used for me here now
I tend to embrace disaster

please elaborate.

If it were an actual problem we’d see the prices of pixies, ST spells, and other expensive items drop from when they were first released, but the prices have remained relatively steady, barring certain events such as a major duping method becoming widely public and items dropping in chests or large changes in rarity.

It’s clear that duping doesn’t actually affect items in a way that’s major enough to be a legit problem, other than Decas which were removed from drop tables. (Although decas are a really unique circumstance)

go and read the other fookin thread horny boi <3

The people duping want the price to stay high so they make more profit.

Also, duping being a problem is not directly linked to prices.

Another thing: you keep on mentioning prices dropping or staying the same, but that’s an invalid comparison because we’ve never experienced the economy without duping. Therefore, we can’t know how duping affects the economy.

just because it isn’t a big problem doesnt mean its not a problem in general. I’d also like to state that when you purchase shit from a RWT site, you’re probably not going to sell it, but instead, you know, USE IT. If you really wanted to use RWT for trading, your end game would be what, an item you would want to USE.

This only works for RWT dupers.

The main reason people ever bring up duping when talking about unsb UTs is because many of them tend to think dupers could possibly “make event whites cost like 2 speed”

How would duping be a problem if you’re not talking about the price of the items at all.

The price of an item about a week or two after it releases is a pretty good representation of what it’s price should be, hell, Decas were about 7-8 life 2 weeks after they were released, now they’re 10-12 life (a little bit of that has to do with the lowering in life’s value but most of it is a legitimate price increase.

Im not saying it’s not a problem at all but people make it out to be a much bigger problem than it actually is.

I agree, but this doesn’t really have much to do with what I was saying.

the relative price of items wont change when nobody is trading them -.-

To everyone here I dont care what your thoughts about duping are duping is a huge problem and it is only due to the RWT community it doesn’t change the prices of in game items and buying with life and other items but there is a whole sub reddit for those who didnt know that sells thousands of items daily https://www.reddit.com/r/RotmgRWT/ everything is sold here from dupe methods etc its a huge problem yet deca doesnt do shit to fix this

I would’ve replied but I’m to lazy lmao

The questions of making UTs unsoulbound has been a question long debated on this forum. But even for respective opinions on each side of the issue, there is only one correct choice and that choice would be to keep UT items SB.
One of the main reasons why it can never be a thing again is because of duping. Duping has long been a problem in the game. Even now, DECA tries to combat against RWT and the duping that goes with it. This is a serious issue to the game and current high end tradeables such as DECAs, STs, and pots are common place items to be duped and sold for real money. This violation of the terms of service of the game nearly brought RotMG to its knees during the mid-Kabam eras when UT items weren’t SB. Kabam only solved this problem by making them SB and thus solved the problem for a long while. While it might have only been a temporary fix on the part of Kabam, it has stayed in place for nearly 4 years with seemingly no end in sight to this. And this is not a bad thing. In the time that has come, the community has changed, and with it, its views on making UTs SB. Many of the old players of RotMG who have experienced UT trading either have their doubts about it in our current situation or are outright against it and see it as disastrous to reintroduce it into the game. And this brings us to another point. With UT trading no longer a part of this game, reintroducing it could produce a chain reaction. If obtaining a UT were to be as simple as standing around nexus and spamming words for a period of time, the game would not only lose its purpose, but also meaning. Because at the end of the game thats really what keeps people playing rotmg. They have an innate drive to obtain these rare items, and when they don’t it makes them lose the will to play the game. RotMG would simply become a sandbox game with a dwindling player base. Of course none of this is certain, but based on the current chest event situation and people quitting because it feels redundant, it wouldnt be hard to apply this to a larger scale and view it on the same lense. Because RotMG has only a few unique aspects to it, if it were to really lose what made it unique, it would defeat the purpose of the game and spread doubt into the minds of the player as to whether or not it really is worth their time to play and whether or not playing will still bring them the same joy as before.
For the sake of this game and community, I hope UTs stay SB.

The community will tell you that UTs are soulbound for one of two reasons; that unsoulbound UTs would diminish the excitement of a white bag, or some roundabout response that amounts to ‘‘I want to flex.’’

Deca will tell you that UTs are soulbound because they want players to earn them.

The real reason that UTs are soulbound is that you wouldn’t have as big a motivation to continue running and buying halls if you could trade one of your three colos for another part of the set, would you?

I click on the link to check it out and see this
Oh, the irony…

I swear you don’t know shit about economics, human psychology or anything.

Look. Dupers who aren’t RWT don’t give a fuck about the economy or trading. They just dupe whatever the hell they need. Why the fuck would they want to crash the economy? It takes too long and doesn’t do anything for them. ONLY the RWT ones matters. And that’s exactly what we’re talking about. And you, for some reason, can’t seem to get it through your thick skull.

And honestly. Look. The RWT sites have to make sure their items are cheap enough to have people be willing to buy them. So they will FUCKING LOWER THE PRICES to the vicinity of 1-2 Decas because that’s what the majority of the player base can afford. Learn how economics work damn it. They don’t give a shit if it’s hard to get. They just need to make sure they can sell.

I’m so done with you.