UT Quiver - Quiver of the Ascender

Heya.
Me again.
With another idea.
There’s only one non-tiered alternative for the Quiver of Elvish Mastery, so I thought to myself: hey, let’s make a new Quiver.
Naturally, I’ll take the current state of the Archer as he is in consideration - thanks to @Shablo for giving me that tip :heart:
Anyway…

#####Projectile:

###Quiver of the Ascender
According to local legends, this quiver was granted to a mortal who ascended to godhood. Inside it remain the vengeful souls of those who he had slain, craving for revenge…

####Stats
MP Cost: 60
Damage: 240-360 (300)
Projectile Speed: 17
Range: 12
Effect: Paralyze for 2 seconds, Bleeding for 5 seconds
Stat bonuses: +2 dex, +3 spd, +4 att
Fame bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 700

Drops from:
Undetermined.

The idea of this Quiver is to deal a bit more damage over time. Bleeding deals 20 HP per second, this Quiver - if it hits - doing a 100 divided over 5 seconds, and an additional 240 to 360 damage, excluding def.
It also Paralyzes, but for a slightly shorter duration than the Tier 3-6 Quivers.

Also, as a side note: the Paralyze duration/MP cost ratio for the Tier 6 Quiver is 25 MP/second, while this Quiver’s is 30 MP/second.

Discuss.

UT Trap idea: Pagida

to illustrate how pathetically useless bleed is when inflicted on enemies, please refer to the following:

<- this lasts for 5 seconds and inflicts 150 damage over that time
that’s the t0 poison in case you don’t recognize it.

I don’t think that sacrificing paralysis duration and expending the effort to obtain this UT item is worth a measly extra 100 damage, especially considering that 100 damage is a meager fraction of a dbow shot.

I’d like to point out that damage over time isn’t useful. it’s a drawback to using the assassin’s poisons because he would be massively overpowered if it was all up front

Ascender is a typography term. The term you were looking for is most likely Ascendant.

This is basically an improved T6: it ends up doing more damage thanks to Bleeding and it can still permaparalyze if your pet is high enough on Magic Heal. That’s not a very interesting design for an UT.

yeah like the other two ssaid, its just too common of an idea, as well bleeding is pretty pathetic.

Also means adding a statis effect that can happen to enemies

nice try though :slight_smile:

I think the general consensus is that Bleeding is too weak on enemies.
But think about Daze. It has an entirely different effect on players than on enemies. Why couldn’t Bleeding do the same thing?
Against players, it deal 20 damage per second. Why not make Bleeding deal 100 damage per second on enemies? It makes it actually viable.

very nice sprite tho

Again: that would only make this a buffed t6, not to mention pretty useless considering how much damage a maxed Archer can already dish out.

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting all of the necessary changes; obviously, the Paralyze would need to be removed and the MP cost would need to be tweaked.
I was simply stating a suggestion for Bleeding that could apply to this.

I would change word to reside, instead of remain.

I’m glad someone finally explained what “bleed” would do. Perhaps poison would also be accurate?

You might be able to make it drop from a LOD boss.

Bleeding
Used by Yellow Drake Eggs, Lord of the Lost Lands, Hellhounds, Snakepit Guard, and Davy Jones.
Yellow floating pixels rise around the enemy. Deals damage over time to both monsters and players. Stops player’s HP regeneration by VIT. Cannot kill players. Drains HP by 20 HP per second.

Found here.

Getting Disconnected

… i can’t…

It’s like, super-almost good.

It’s like it’s purposely designed not to replace the T6 quiver, but only designed to give them second doubts.

Not bad, personally, make a new arrow sprite to better suit the white arrow lengths shown in the quiver sprite. Otherwise, very nice sprites. Like the others say, too spammable, and bleeding isn’t that useful, which is why only Drake Eggs have it. Definitely better than Elvish simply for its stat bonuses, +4 att is quite a bit for an ability. The lore is interesting, could do with a bit of tidying, perhaps,
According to local legends, this quiver was granted to a mortal who ascended to godhood. Inside remain the vengeful souls of those he had slain, craving for revenge…
The last line doesn’t really fit with the name however.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.