(New Prism) Sea Crystal

SEA CRYSTAL

Pillaged by Dreadstump in his voyages. It seems to trap light within itself and is able to easily resonate magical energy.

STATS:

Tier UT
MP Cost 40 MP
On Equip +15 HP, +3 DEF
Effect(s) Teleport on cursor
Cooldown 0.5 Seconds
XP Bonus 2%
Soulbound image
Feed Power 50

Drops From:

More info:

With the addition of spider shuriken, I thought why not add something for the trickster that’s also focused on helping them move around. This would also be an easy to access prism, as it drops from a Pirate Cave Cyan bag. It sacrifices the ability to spawn a decoy for a 20 MP cheaper teleport and double the cooldown of a normal prism.

The additional stats were mainly based off the Corsair Ring, which gives +20 HP and +2 DEF. When combined would give a total of +35 HP and +5 DEF. This would mainly be used as a sort of ‘upgrade’ to carrying around a t0 prism for teleporting. However, I myself don’t really play trickster too often and I understand this might be ‘broken’ in a certain way so let me know if you have the time!

Thanks to @Pomfers for the heads up to the math, in base maximum mana of the trickster is 252 with the average max at 20 being 195, for reference I would be trying to estimate their teleport efficacy by ability use (AU) until their mana runs out:

Decoy Prism Sea Crystal
195 Mana 3.2 AU 4.875 AU (~1.6 Second total cooldown)
252 Mana 4.2 AU 6.3 AU (~2 Seconds total cooldown)

However when we start factoring in things such as the decoy prism getting magic heal from a level 90 Mheal pet within the cooldown of the sea crystal, that would add around 33-66 more mana the decoy prism becomes around 4 AU : 5.3 AU respectively, when factoring it in reference to the cooldown of the sea crystal.

This further gets blurred upon high wisdom builds or an even higher MHeal pet and the difference would boil down to having the cooldown.At the end of the day it would mainly be a helpful prism for players starting out trickster as well as a mana efficient option if the players are willing to deal with the cooldown it comes with.

Let me know what you think of the ability in the comments or what you think about the idea in the poll! I’m generally open to suggestions and thoughts to edit this idea so about this so feel free to comment what you think about it!

Edit History
  • Edited sprite to distinguish it from a t4 prism as it looked too similar
  • Nerfed mana cost from 45 to 55

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great!
  • The idea is good.
  • The idea is okay.
  • The idea is bad.

0 voters

The Case For More Early Game UTs

Sprite reminds me of the t4 prism

Looks identical to T4 prism, what DeeBomb Said ^^^

Honestly I want to say this is a SUPER broken prism for the MP cost, it’s the best for rushing because people wouldn’t need to worry about looking at their mana. Needs a change in MP cost and some semi change to keep it different, example speedy for 1 second, or debuffs enemies

Honestly I think it would be OP. I love the concept but the T0 prism is already stupid good, this prism would be broken for rushing

Hmm I’ll try to give it a more ‘tear drop’ shape to distinguish it as well as make it more related to the sea in a way:

Before

After:

Thanks for pointing this out! (kinda looks eggy now though)

Hmm, I really want to keep this prism simple though as it does drop from pirate cave. Might just settle for nerfing mana cost from 45 to 55 to make it only slightly better than t0? I want to keep it very accessible as its technically competing with an item you spawn in with so I really want to do this by having it drop from a cyan bag in pirate cave. What would you say about it?

Edit: This is also technically a reply to @Imivan as well.

I understand you were trying to make a new-player friendly item but you probably the best rushing prism in the game. Trickster has probably the most OP ability in the game. even at T0. Decoy is very nice yes, but teleport allows you to be the fastest class in the game and also evade shots.
If you make an item that doesn’t limit its teleporting then you’re just lessening the mana requirement so you can spam it more. Coming up with UTs for trickster is pretty difficult tbh. Maybe try giving it something it lacks like a shot it can shoot out or some type of self buff.

For the future when making up items you should consider if they can be abused in any way.

I think maybe 65 is good, this prism is very simple though and you could make it like the Spider Shuriken like you said

From my perspective, with pets being able to magic heal, wisdom effectivity rework, as well as the trickster being able to, to some degree, control being Out of Combat with their teleport, there’s already so many things that can keep the trickster to essentially perma-spam teleporting.

It just feels so out of place to see a t0 ability ya know? but yeah essentially that IS what I want to do, have a teleport-centric prism. Although this doesn’t really hold much of an argument as to the trickster’s current state and if it needs this sort of thing…

Nonetheless I want to keep this prism as simple as possible, no decoy, no exploding bombs, no shooting shots. just teleporting.

The way you worded it feels a bit inconsiderate :frowning: . I do try my best to do this, I just really didn’t think 5 MP cheaper prism would change all that much given everything I’ve stated above (for reference the t0 is 60 MP). Hmm perhaps a speed reduction? I’ll wait for more input.

Still considering which direction to take this prism to. Honestly having some doubts at the moment but I really want it to be a teleport-centric prism that can compete with t0’s efficiency (60 MP for Teleporting).

Thematically and conceptually I think you did do a good job. I think the sprite is interesting and fits with the dungeons theme.

A trickster at lvl 20 has 195 mana on average.
Excluding mana regen, with your prism you can use your ability ~3.55 times vs a T0 3.25 times. With maxed mana you can perform ~4.6 times vs T0 4.25 times. It’s not really that efficient. Players already just carry the T0 around as a swap out to rush and that one also leaves a decoy to distract enemies.

The issue is it’s exploitable with maxed mana and higher mana regen as that will get a benefit from using your prism, which kinda goes against the idea that it will be beneficial for newer players.
I think though if you lowered the mana cost even more and added a short cooldown it could work.

I’m sorry for my phrasing I did not mean it that way I was just being critical while giving my input. I think it’s important to post your ideas and get feedback that you can learn from to make your ideas better. I hope I didn’t make you feel belittled or insulted.

I really support you making early game items as well as I think it’s super important and healthy for the game. Prism is something I found extremely difficult to think of as an early game item.
Here’s my previous post of ideas I’ve had I probably should revise and add to it soon as I’ve thought of better changed and more items.

Wow, this is incredibly useful information! Thanks for taking the time to explain! The suggestion as well is very well thought off and constructive so this is much appreciated :smile:

Maybe I took it a bit hard as well, but we’re both agreed that feedback and critique of the post is important so there wasn’t really any harm done!

Interesting points, also a bit off topic but I personally really like the ader venom as I am a sucker for anything with a fast throw time and the sprite looks great!

Back on topic though, I might make more early game items for other classes considering this, which was already planned because I would usually go through the list of UTs currently existing and work on classes which have the least amount. Some classes I would say have a healthy amount of variance in their UTs so I usually might make early game items for them.

A prism with a low MP cost but a Cooldown would be amazing! It wouldn’t be abused by players with maxed pets, and it would help new players!

I tried doing the math and adding the cooldown, keeping in mind all the other factors for MP. Its very tricky to deal with (pun intended) and I may have messed up the math somewhere. But hopefully this would make it more of an early game utility item.

0.33 cool down still seems a bit short, why don’t you boost it to 2 seconds. This way experienced players definitely won’t be able to abuse it and noobs can have a good trickster item.

2 seconds is way too long for a prism for each teleport? For 3 teleports you’d be looking at a whooping 6 second downtime and I don’t think anyone would have fun with that.

Sometimes you don’t really need teleports, and maybe for the stat bonuses or it’s perk

20 less mp to teleport?! :open_mouth: Op imo but I’d love it haha. What is the default “cooldown” for ability use? .25 seconds? If so I think maybe do .5s and it’s perfect. If it’s lower than that I think this is fine, honestly.

Oh what is there a default cooldown for prisms? I always thought they didn’t have a cooldown given how fast tricksters move around. Thanks for the heads up, I really should try trickster more :sweat_smile: