(New Seal) Kogbold Clock

KOGBOLD CLOCK

New%20Piskel%20(4)

Constructed from the salvaged kogs of the Kogbold Steamworks. When fueled by magic, its constant ticks and tocks strangely give its user a faster flow of time.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 90
On Equip: +3 SPD, +3 VIT
Effect(s):
On Self: Green Up Arrow Speedy for image
Party Heal: image within 4 tiles
(2.5% less effectiveness (([Party Heal] x 0.3) HP minimum) per ally healed.)
Cooldown: 5 seconds
XP Bonus: 8%
Soulbound: Soulbound
Feed Power: 900

Created From: x3 Kogbold Kogs (Given to the Tinkerer)
KOGBOLD KOG:New%20Piskel%20(3)
A kog from the Kogbold Steamworks, its strange build makes it ideal for constructing certain artifacts or tools.

Drops from: Kogbold Enemies
Soulbound: Soulbound
Feed Power: 250

More Info:
I decided to go back into realm for a bit and was overall pleasantly surprised about all the changes made, so I decided to try making item ideas again! I recently happened upon something called the “Kogbold Steamworks” and finally got the inspiration to make a new seal from there. This post composed of several random thoughts:

• Melee Users having access to Speedy: I previously suggested a Knight ability that gives speedy, Warrior IS speedy, so why not also have a niche ability for Pally too to get speedy other than Snake Eye Ring? I generally thought it could be nice for melee classes, apart from having white bag drops, to change the QoL/Gameplay or have other alternatives to play around having short range.
  • Kogbold crafting: The new “upgrading UTs” is something I find super interesting as in the future, this may help older UTs or such keep relevance without being phased out from the variety of new content being put into the game. This is why I didn’t want this to be a normal drop but instead something crafted from the materials gathered in dungeons, which may promote players to not just rush but clear sections of the dungeon for chances of loot materials.
  • “Chronomancy”: I kind of wanted to play with the concept of time with this seal cuz it seems rlly cool (waoh time stuff). What this item specifically does is accelerating the user’s time, so instead of the usual Paladin’s “Healing”, it just becomes an outright “Heal” while hopefully not being too strong (if I balanced the numbers right), and the Speedy coming naturally from a faster flow of time.

I would like the power level of this item to sit somewhere in the utility section where it keeps some survivability for the Paladin and aids them to rush things in mid-late game.

Edits Summary

Text indicating “4 tile range” on the self-speedy instead of the party heal, along with other minor grammar/phrasing edits.
Reformatting on the Item Details to make it look neater (some latex and tabling of contents)

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great! (4/4)
  • The idea is good (3/4)
  • The idea is okay (2/4)
  • The idea is bad (1/4)

0 voters

Nice to see a classic item idea post like this! Feels refreshing, like something you’d see a lot in the Wildshadow forum days. Though I’m guessing the “within 4 tiles” on the self speedy buff is a copy-paste mistake or something? Nothing else about the tooltip or description indicate it’s a group speedy buff, and that’d be a lot more problematic.

OHHH Thanks so much for pointing that out! I meant the heal to have that tile range not the speedy buff. Also very much appreciate the input!!! Thank you :slight_smile:

While I like the idea of deriving from the UT’s forged from Kogbold Enhancement Cores, it’d be weird for a single specific UT to only be obtained from this very specific token drop in a Tinkerer quest of all things. Speedy on other melee classes is interesting and the idea of sped-up time is too, I just find the method of obtaining very strange and specific. Sure, the other KEC UT’s were forged from tokens, but that was a whole group, while this item seems to be the only one getting this treatment (unless you’re planning more KBSW item concepts with this in mind?).

To be honest, I was also just partly curious on what people would think about having to gather materials (not forging) to get UTs. Though to answer the question of making more “craftables” (or at least specifically from KBSW) …I’m not sure, but I did want it to have a feel of like a “first of many” for crafting stuff. Could be interesting though considering that there’s a lot that can be used as materials like “Springs” “Bolts” etc. for other UTs or such. Tinkerer was also just used as means to an end here since the UI and code for it is already in the game, it’s all just theoretical anyway so might as well make it a bit weird haha, makes for interesting discussion.

So here’s the thing. I like the idea of the clock existing and I like the idea of kogbold kogs. HOWEVER, I like them as seperate things. Honestly, the clock, although a fun idea, is ass. A paladin with this seal is straight out worse than an oreo pally. 32 hp once every 5 seconds is painfully bad (worse than healing lol). I feel like most people would rather just use a snake eye ring. Although I can kind of see it as an alternating seal, I think most ppl would have oreo as the alt rather than speedy, especially with an endgame based around micro dodging. I like the idea of a speedy seal but it should be part of a more early game dungeon IMO.

(New Sheath) Misty Sheath

Yeah… while I was discussing the idea of crafting stuff and making more accessible UTs, I kind of realized midway that maybe they wouldn’t really need something specifically like this if they’re taking on Kogbold Steamworks…

Personally though I have never gotten an Oreo, and Snake Eye Ring seems a bit more risky to use with just a normal seal so I wanted this to be the middle ground of that situation, though perhaps I’ve left it a bit more underpowered than I would have liked… maybe I try to retain a few of the more normal buffs pally enjoys like a strong HP Boost and damaging… but yes thanks for taking the time again to share your thoughts! Your feedback is very constructive, though I may need some time to think about it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.