UT buffs - Hot Takes Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

What’s up it’s me again with more opinions most smooth brains won’t like.

If you haven’t seen the first spicy post it’s here: Solutions to useless items

Also thank you also Nox Novus for the video review, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xTttEr9Wg8

Please enjoy and/or argue about some of my ideas.

Getting one step ahead of critics though and saying, yes my go-to strategy is giving most items a reactive proc. I know, I know so innovative.

Don’t understand why I have to say this but these changes won’t be making them best in slots just more variable with their uses.

LOD armor tweaks for better utility. I am single handedly the utmost LOD fanatic, but even I know the whites from here mostly suck. Here are my opinions that would be unique and useful.

Unsure if there is still a glitch where boosts don’t stack but if so then people who wear these armors and all their homies hate pallies.

LOD armors have a decently long proc buff if you can manage your mana to keep activating it with your ability. Silence and quiet probably won’t be your friend.

Water Dragon Silk Robe

Tier UT
On Equip +6 ATT, +12 DEF, +6 SPD, +3 WIS
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: Dragon Spirit MP^MP boost (+60 MP) on self for 9.5 seconds
Cooldown: 11 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 700

The current item is pretty useful and doesn’t really need a buff. The added effect will most likely be negated in the presence of a scholar’s seal(Sseal).

Fire Dragon Battle Armor

Tier UT
On Equip +20 HP, +4 ATT, +17 DEF, +3 SPD, +3 VIT
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: Dragon Vigor VIT^VIT boost (+7 VIT) on self for 9.5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 700

The current fire armor is nice but feels like it lacks something, giving it 20 HP would be a nice tiny “cushion”. Along with the reactive proc you can have +10 VIT at a pretty high uptime. Proc will be sort of useless in the presence of a sandstone seal(Vseal).

Leaf Dragon Hide Armor

Tier UT
On Equip +2 ATT, +15 DEF, +6 SPD, +4 WIS, +4 VIT
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: Dragon Energy HP^HP Boost (+80 HP) on self for 9.5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 700

Completely removing the HP bonus, instead giving it more DEF and adding some ATT like the other LOD armors give. Tiny boost to WIS and VIT bonuses as well. HP boost proc will be kind of useless with most tiered seals.

Robe of the Mad Scientist

Tier UT
On Equip +55 MP, +4 ATT, +13 DEF, +4 VIT
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: 25% chance to gain Energized for 2.5 seconds
Cooldown: 5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 700

Current item is almost identical to a T13 robe. Removing the WIS and instead giving it a reactive proc of getting energized for 3 seconds. Also buffing the VIT by 2.

Ancient Stone Sword

Tier UT
Shots 1
Damage 340–390 (average: 365)
Projectile Speed 10 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.4 seconds
Range 4 tiles
Rate of Fire 60%
Reactive Proc On Shoot: Release a shotgun burst Total Damage: 1000 (200)
Shots: 5 (arc gap: 20°)
Radius: 4 tiles
Cooldown: 4 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

A.S.S. has really fallen from its grace since the good ole days due to us actually having good swords. If you need range CSword or even Rapier is usually a better go to. High DEF enemy? Indomptable. Swashbuckler is basically a direct upgrade and easier to farm.

Adding the firing proc added to this UT to give it a shotgun burst like the guardians do in attack phase #3. Basically gives it a heavy shot giving it a boost in DPS and clearing potential.

Potential alternative change would be increasing the projectile speed to giving the item more of a “slow swing” but devastating fast and hard hitting shot.

Hivemaster Helm

Tier UT
MP Cost 80
On Equip +6 DEF, +6 SPD
Effect(s) On party: Inflicts Red SwordBerserk within 4 tiles for 6 seconds
Summon 3 bees to aid the player in combat for 6 seconds
*Bee Attack: 120 damage every 0.6 seconds
*Bee Range: 4 sqrs
*Red Bee Effect: 50% chance of inflicting CurseCurse for 4 seconds (FIX THIS PROC)
Cooldown 6 second(s)
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000

Ever since the removal of cooldown for helms this helm became really lackluster. The cooldown should be lowered for one to match the bee summon time. Also there is still a bug where red bee proc is less than 50%, should really be fixed.

Amber Encrusted Helmet

Tier UT
MP Cost 70
On Equip +6 DEF, +6 SPD
Effect(s) Party Effect: Red SwordBerserk
Range 5 tiles
Duration 5 second(s)
Cooldown 0 second(s)
XP Bonus 4%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 350

Again similar issue as hivemaster. Self explanatory, cooldown removed.

Orb of Sweet Demise

Tier UT
MP Cost 80
Effect(s) On enemies: Stasis and Red Down ArrowSlowed
Stasis Radius: 2.5 tiles
Stasis Duration: 3 seconds
Slowed Radius: tiles
Slowed Duration: seconds
XP Bonus 2%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 200

Lowering the MP cost by 10 because it is a very early UT that is basically not worth using over a T3 in almost every circumstance. The stasis is more prominent than the slow so giving it a smaller stasis radius so take advantage of the slow. Make it somewhat more viable UT for slowing and aether is a better orb to use for mobility-locking.

Fractured Gemstone Wakizashi
image image

Tier UT
MP Cost 100
On Equip +5 DEF, +3 SPD
Effect(s) Summons a sentient crystal star that orbits you for 5 seconds
Crystal Star: Inflicts Grey Down ArrowExposed for 4 seconds, deals 480 damage per hit
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000

The crystal rotation speed has to also be increased by 50% at least.

The current damage of each crystal is so weak that it really isn’t worth using over a T3 waki. Buffing the damage the crystal does would really make it more rewarding to use. Typically on average you can have 3 crystals up at a short time giving you around 1440 damage in total (with the buffed damage).

The +3 SPD would also help with mobility to have the crystal to hit more enemies while moving, synergizing well with the bonus DEF as well as you can tank slightly more if hit while moving.

Bottled Medusozoan
image image

Tier UT
MP Cost 120 (15 damage/MP)
On Equip +2 DEF, +4 DEX, +2 WIS
Effect(s) Tosses a friendly cnidarian
* Poison: 600 HP/second within 4 tiles over 3 seconds
Throw Time 1.5 second(s)
Impact Damage 0, instead tosses a stationary cnidarian that releases bursts of AoE damage
Damage Over Time 1800 total (300 damage/0.5 seconds)
Cooldown 1.5 second(s)
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 900

Cave dweller trap and sporous spray spell are basically better versions of this item in every way. The thing holding this poison mainly back is its cool down. I think halving its CD, making it equal to the throw time would make it more useful. The long cool down cuts the DPS in half basically due to the small damage the poison deals which is also punishing when you can’t throw poisons in the window before enemies turn invulnerable. Small WIS boost as well.

There was also a bug where the CD was doubled, not sure if still a thing, but if so please fix that lol.

Trap of the Vile Spirit
image image

Tier UT
MP Cost 90
On Equip +20 MP, +3 ATT, +3 SPD
Effect(s) On enemies: Inflicts Red Down ArrowSlowed for 2.5 seconds
Throw Time 0.75 second(s)
Damage 750
Duration 10 second(s)
Trigger Radius 1.95 tiles
Explosion Radius 3 tiles
XP Bonus 8%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 900

The trap really is forgotten. The cave dweller just completely outclasses this trap. I think buffing the damage and giving it a tiny slow would make it more viable. Very negligible changes but why not make an event white more rewarding to use.

Mimicry Trap

(femboi trap)

Tier UT (Limited)
MP Cost 80
On Equip -3 DEF, +3 SPD, +5 DEX
Effect(s) Creates a centered decoy for 1 second
On enemies: Inflicts Red Down ArrowSlowed for 3.5 seconds
Throw Time 1 second(s)
Damage 111
Duration 3.5 second(s)
Trigger Radius 2 tiles
Explosion Radius 4 tiles
Cooldown 2.5 second(s)
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 750

Current item is basically a vanity. Throwing decoys it extremely OP (see Gambler’s Fate). But the fact is that GF can last ~4s on average with a much smaller cooldown. Halving the CD of mimicry would be about double the decoy duration and 1 sec shorter than trap duration making it viable and not broken. Also giving the damage a buff is needed because the original 50 is almost useless. Sprite also changed to fit the theme better and look more distinguishable.

I honestly think Honey Orb is good the way it is, maybe a bit too OP, because with good wismod, it becomes the highest slow duration out of any ability

Heck I wouldn’t mind if it dropped from the Nest

I think the lab robe should have lower defense compared to the other robes maybe like 8 or something with lot of vit and wis

I know what but I don’t think I ever tested it that way. When I tried it seemed to not really have a point to slow and was just annoying to try to use effectively. When I brought it up to other people they seemed to agree with the same issues. But you could be right since I haven’t used it in a while.

I’ve noticed if you suggest a tweak to an item too much people start to sperg out, especially more nostalgic ones. That idea would probably be good for Chasuble of Holy Light though.

I agree with most all of this. Nothing drastic. Mostly just fixing things.
But as for A.S.S.- agree it should keep current characteristics with something added, but I’d rather a chance at a paralyzing bullet(s) or something much like the sword the guards throw down.

Honey Orb is fine. I carry it on every mystic. It’s a budget aether orb- and, in some cases actually better than aether. Having a long, instant slow with no cooldown is more reliable than aether in certain bossfights, and it frees you up to swapout to another orb. Honey orb is a very well designed UT currently, no changes needed. Changing stasis radius is interesting, but I think they try to avoid doing that because it would be jarring to use in conjunction with other orbs.

Water Silk Robe: MP boost no longer heals MP when applied, right? So the proc would be pretty useless. I do like the idea though, maybe change it to a “restore MP on self” type ability, or a no MP cost every 5 seconds. Cool concept imo.

Fire Armor: 20 HP is nice, vit boost is cool I guess. I would like to see something more done to this armor though, something to give it more DPS. Maybe a short DPS buff on ability use?

Leaf Hide: This is a bad change. HP boost is worthless around pallys/nil drops, and the cool thing this armor had going for it was the extra HP. Not to mention the proc you have isn’t 100% uptime and tied to ability usage, resulting in a lot of wasted HP that you have to heal back up whenever it wears off. I think a cool concept for this would be to make it heal a small amount of HP on ability use.

Mad Scientist Robe: Cool change, I’m all for it. If energized is seen as too strong, then you could swap it out for a wis boost proc, making it into a baby ritual robe and it would play nicer with Sorc/Fulmi for more damage and targets.

ASS: No opinion.

Helms: Yes, no cooldown please!!!

Gemstone Waki: Has the potential to be extremely strong in some situations, but very weak in others. A damage boost is nice, but doesn’t really fix the issue at hand IMO with the crystals being really awkward to use. I think an increase to the rotation speed of the crystals would make it more usable.

Bottled Medusozoan: This needs a HUGE buff. More than what you proposed IMO. There should be no cooldown and more damage so that it can compete with other stationary damage dealing abilities, or if it must have a cooldown then it should do a ton of damage to make up for the lost potential DPS.

Vile: Good change

Mimicry: technically I think this is seen as a vanity item, but the concept of the trap is too cool to be wasted on vanity. I like your change.

EDIT: For the record, I HATE procs that don’t have a 100% up time. It’s so annoying trying to play around it, trying to time your damage for when you have the proc up. I hate it. Resu does the whole proc thing nicely IMO, where it’s up 24/7 until you get hit. Just having it be tied to a timer that arbitrarily has a second of down time drives me insane, I hate Centaur’s Shielding because of this

The mad lab robe here is too OP for how easy it is obtain.
6 DPS stats like T15/Water on top of energised which pretty much makes it a direct upgrade over T13.
Removing the +2 dex and increasing proc chance would be good to make it proc focused robe instead of a cheap DPS robe.
Or you could give +4/+5 dex and remove the +4 attack so it’s the “Dex robe” and T13 is the “Atk” robe of the mid game.

Yeah I just tested it on a 8/8 mystic, there is a noticeable difference with WIS. Though I wish it had more viability than just having aether do it’s job but better. I stand by the smaller stasis radius though.

Not sure was wondering that myself if not then most of these procs are kinda useless. Possibly 5→8 seconds on the proc would make it worth it with a 10 second cooldown. Again Water silk is pretty balanced as is the extra WIS can be helpful if you have a nice pet.

My original idea was to give it more ATT or DEX but I figured it would be sort of broken. Just aiding in the survivability I think would keep it balanced. Again a longer proc time would be more worth it I think.

I kept that in mind other items existing in game, the DEF is one DEF more than Spectral and one less than CSilk which both are viable to use tbh. All the LOD armors have lower DEF anyways. I think the procs just need to be longer lasting to be useful with a short cool down.

Removing the DEX is probably the right way to go. If energized essentially gives you 20 WIS 2 seconds is more than enough per proc and a 5 second cooldown is enough downtime I think to prevent abuse if you get lucky with the activation. I don’t think the proc chance should be higher than 20% because 1/5 hits is balanced enough to activate the buff. Again everything is easy to speculate and could be completely different when implimented.

Agreed forgot how slow the stones spin.

I’d have to see the numbers but I’m pretty sure the poison outdamages all other per single use right? It’s only that the others can be stacked when it gets beat out?

Thanks for your comments I appreciate the responses.

(I’m boutta end this whole man’s career)

Very broken, because in some cases this would allow for another ability use, which is insane for an already good robe

ngl, this armor seems a lot better with the proc, although I wouldn’t add the extra hp, since pyrr is mostly dmg focused, so I feel it doesn’t fit

Nothing really to say here, I agree

Tier UT
On Equip +55 MP, +4 ATT, +13 DEF, +2 DEX, +4 VIT
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: 16% chance to gain Energized for 3 seconds
Cooldown: 5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 700

Current item is almost identical to a T13 robe. Removing the WIS and instead giving it a reactive proc of getting energized for 3 seconds. Also buffing the VIT by 2 and adding 2 DEX.

16 used because it’s the number of vertices of a tesseract (idk just making it math related).
I like the proc idea, its just that I really don’t energized is very useful in general because of pets, even with vital combat

I think the idea’s cool, just change the cooldown to 4 seconds because I believe 2.75 would be a little too strong

Again, nothing to say here, I agree that’s all

Again nothing to say, I agree its just that I feel this would fit better as a nest drop since its actually viable

Very stronk, I agree

And that’s pretty all I have to say about it!

I wouldn’t say broken, but if anything beneficial if you can capitalize on the extra MP you’ll be able to have. 34 out of 46 robes already give an bonus extra MP on equip and most with more WIS as well. I think only in certain situations it will allow you to pull off an extra ability.

I just think the armor has enough DPS added to it without making it OP, was more focused on adding some survivability. 5HP=1DEF is the rule of thumb so with the change Fire Armor now has “21 DEF” which I think is extremely beneficial along with some VIT boost.

I think the current leaf hide is very out of place with the current other two so I wanted to make it more closely resembling the others. With the changes I didn’t want to make them best in slot but instead just more versatile. Yeah they would be great if you can keep the procs up but there are several situations that where that might not be possible so you have to consider where you want to take it and use it which I think should be the essence of most if not all UTS.

I think for a robe that’s relatively easy to obtain it might be? Especially those who don’t have a good mheal pet it can provide them with the necessary boost (equivalent to +20 WIS I believe) to regain mana. I think the item should just be different from it’s counterpart the T13 robe and I tried to make it a bit more unique.

Thanks for taking your time to share your opinions

That’s just an extra 250 dps if you’re somehow on top of an enemy/land all shots. Even Geb wand’s proc (800 dps) is currently stronger than this. IMO, each bullet’s damage should be raised to keep with the heavy-hitting theme while making it actually useful.

Maybe even quadruple it, putting it on the same level as Pixie and Dblade as point-blank weapons but better used for high-def enemies. (It would beat Pixie at approximately 14+ Def and Dblade at 28+ Def. Can’t get exacts cause I can’t get Haizor to do procs).

It would still be pretty much the same A.S.S in most other circumstances.

Great ideas!
I think a lot of these changes are fairly simple reworks based on what we already have in the game that can nonetheless make a pretty nice impact on otherwise disappointing items.

Looks like a lot of the ideas here are being used in the new balance update! All the LoD armors have procs now, and madlab robe refunds some mana on ability usage. A lot of the discussion here seems to have predicted the general idea of the changes- that is really cool! I wonder if they read the thread or if they came up with those ideas on their own. Glad to see it

It’s nice to know our input goes into consideration. I hope the changes fix or change the issues, it seems like most will. Really excited for things like Kage, Vile, Medusozoan, Resu, Tshot, Esben staff, helms, and the end game ones. Very questionable though to see how Enforcer will turn out. Wish they also addressed ASS, FGem, and CC, but at least it’s a start!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.