UT Orb: Stoneheart Orb

Stoneheart Orb

A rough-hewn sphere of clarified granite encasing a hyperdense onyx node, throbbing with null energies.

Tier: Untiered
MP Cost: 110
Effects: Petrify to enemies, Armoured to self
Petrify Radius: 2.5 sqrs
Petrify Duration: 3 seconds
Armored Duration: xxseconds
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds
Stat Bonus: +4 DEF, -5 SPD
Fame Bonus: 5%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900

Loot Bag xxx…x
Drops From xxx Avatar of the Forgotten King

Notes: This orb is currently planned to drop from the Avatar until another more suitable boss is introduced; I was going for a Shatters titanum/stone enemy theme, so it seemed the obvious choice.

Petrify has the same effect on enemies as it does on players, except that afflicted enemies take 70% less damage as opposed to 10% for petrified players. All Stasis immunities and cooldowns are shared with Petrify - for example, bosses with innate stasis immunity cannot be petrified, and any enemy previously affected by either effect cannot be re-affected for 3 seconds.
x
x
x
Changelog:

• Corrected erroneous description of Petrify behaviour (cooldown is now shared with stasis)

UT Orb: Orb of Draconic Prescience

I like the concept!
A nice alternative to the plain old stasis while also being capable of hitting the enemies! Not to mention the armored plus.

The sprite could use a bit of work tho, other than that a pretty nice item. 8/10

pretty cool idea, I would love for stasis itself to be replaced with this, troll stasises wouldn’t be as bad.

as opposed to 10%? what takes away 10% damage?

This needs to be changed. both need to null out each other for a short time or people could just chain stasis/petrify and completely stop enemies from doing anything.

I like the idea of this orb but I would rather just get an orb rework that uses your version of petrify, it’s a really cool idea and I’m suprised that I haven’t seen an idea with this yet.

the armoured is good imo too.

As opposed to the 10% damage reduction the Petrify grants players.

Thanks for spotting that, when I wrote it I meant the exact opposite but brainlet’d for some reason.

It does? I didn’t actually know that, I thought you took full damage.

hmm.

well the dmg immunity from petrify is a goo troll move.
This seems like one of the best for percentage of time in armor if you get some decent wis items.

I’ll take a look at the wismod in that case, but what do you mean by troll move? It has a short duration and you can still damage the enemies (they just take 70% less damage from all sources).

thats what i meant. like using this, the player can make the enemy take a lot longer to kill.

And stasis doesn’t do that? If an enemy can be stasised they can be petrified, and if they can’t be stasised then they’re immune to petrify too. If anything it’s less troll move than a normal orb.

i know it does. im just merely analyzing it, i never said you had to change it or that it was unviable.

just some thoughts to consider

I did the math and with max wis, sentient staff, ritual robe and geb ring you get ~4.5 seconds of armored. With a max wis gear priest and a prot you get ~6.8 seconds of armored. Jugg and marble seal both give 4.5 seconds. So it’s kinda middling.

whatx the xx eks

i didnt do the math, but what i meant was the cooldown. Like you can forever armored .

Although i just remembered that prot can do that too.

I think the thing that makes it trollish is that a lot of enemies are stasis immune, but at least as of right now, nothing is petrify immune, ofc they will add it in, but we dont know which enemies will be immune. Thus an alternative solution to those not immune.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.