UT Sceptre and Trap from Kage Kami

Rod of Insentience

An immensely powerful Sceptre capable of completely disabling the wielders’ adversaries.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 90
Base Damage: 135 (+45 for each subsequent target)
Range: 7.5 Tile(s)
Targeting Cone: 20°
Targets: 4 (+1 for every 10 WIS over 55)
Effects: Stasis for 3.5 seconds (-0.7 seconds for each subsequent target)
Stat Bonuses: +2 Vitality, +20 HP
Soulbound
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feedpower: 1,280

Drops from: Kage Kami
Loot Bag: image

Additional Information.

Debatably one of the most unique sceptres, in terms of function.
It allows the user to stasis enemies, although it is far less effective than orbs as it can only stasis 4 enemies at its base amount.
However, similar to the Cnidarian Sceptre, the damage for each subsequent target increases, though the stasis duration actually decreases. This means that enemies that are affected most by the stasis receive less damage, whereas enemies that are affected less by the stasis duration receive a higher damage dealt.

Spectral Mine

imageimage

The remnant of a tortured, shadowy soul. The mere presence of it is too sinister for mortal bodies to comprehend.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 75
Arming Duration: 1.75 seconds
Effective Duration: ∞ (Limited to 3 mines on ground at a time, whichever is placed first will explode if a fourth is placed)
Trigger Radius: 1 square
Shots: 4 (Arc gap: 90°)
Damage: 120 (Total: 480)
Range: 2.4 Tile(s)
Projectile Speed: 6 Tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 400 Milliseconds
Effects: Bleeding for 7 seconds, Shots hit multiple targets
Effect on Self: Sick for 3.5 seconds
Cooldown: 1.2 seconds
Stat Bonuses: -2 Wisdom, -2 Vitality
Soulbound
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feedpower: 750

Drops from: Kage Kami
Loot Bag: image

Additional Information:

Using this in a situation when the player is low on health would be rather unwise as the use of the item inflicts sick on the player immediately.
However, it causes bleeding on enemies that come into contact with it for twice the duration of the sickness lasts. (Bleeding causes enemies to lose 20 HP per second)
The total damage that this ability could inflict including the damage done whilst bleeding is 620 damage.

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

ultra nice 480 damage + bleeding thats 620 damage but theres 3 at once possible so thats 1580 damage
mega nice

Yeah…catch is that every time that you place one you get sickened for 3.5 seconds.
The stat bonuses aren’t ideal either.

Trap of the Vile Spirit would be a better choice anyway, the arming duration is shorter and it does 30 more damage.

The other traps have a better radius anyway, and unless the enemy is at the center of the blast it will not take full damage.

So this is basically a spellbomb, but harder to land.

maybe make the trap armor break if its objectively worse than vile? idk if that would devalue ogmur tho
also i added som stuff to the t2 realms

You’re right, this will always be bested by Vile in terms of damage.
Lets say an enemy has 10 defense:

• Vile does (650-10) = 640 damage
  • This does 4(120-10) = 440 + 140 = 580 damage

And the DPS curve will only get worse as the defense increases.

The only redeeming factor is that this costs 15 less MP to use and the traps lasts forever, so long as you don’t exceed the limit.

if i had to say anything, i feel like the scepter (typo in title) could be used to troll a lot since theres no visible cooldown i see. sure, the stasis time is low, but since theres no cooldown, im pretty sure you can just abuse this to troll, unlike mystic orbs which do have a cooldown

i dunno what the trap does but i think having two whites from a very easy to defeat enemy kinda seems dumb

Where?

All enemies get a stasis immunity for a set period anyway, so a cooldown wouldn’t apply.

Actually, they don’t.

Exactly the same thing as the Specter Mines, but instead te Sick status effect applies to yourself and enemies bleed instead.
Also the traps are infinite unless an enemy triggers them or you place a 4th mine on the ground.

They’d have an extremely low drop rate (<0.01%) so farming them cannot be abused.

The only reason I added it to this enemy is because there aren’t as many drop locations left in RotMG anymore.

isnt sceptre spelt specter? maybe its a regional thingy

sorry mb

eh fair enough

Er.

Afraid not.

Sceptre(UK)/Scepter(US) - A sceptre or scepter is a symbolic ornamental staff or wand held in the hand by a ruling monarch as an item of royal or imperial insignia.

Spectre(UK)/Specter(US) - A ghost.

You got a bit jumbled.

Yeah, it is. UK spells some words with -re whereas US and other regions influenced by US English end some words with -er. (e.g: Centre/Center, Metre/Meter, Spectre/Specter and the list goes on.)
You guys also spell Color and Armor different.

UK:

• Colour
  • Armour

US:

• Color
  • Armor

Regards,
Redox.

scepter is ok

I like the trap

Yay. :fist:t5::laughing:

I usually spell things the UK way bc I’m a thug

I spell labour as labour but color as color

I’m weird

I do the US way to avoid conflict on here…except for Sceptre.
R before E looks cooler…

tru tho
(/offtopic)

I don’t understand why you’d want to use a trap that doesn’t do AoE and gives you sick.
And a stasising scepter gets rid of the mystic.

Do like the sprite of the scepter though, I’ll give you credit for that.

scepter okay, not much thoughts on it rn. i guess it logically makes sense, you want to deal dmg to the ones that come out first so that you can kill it by the time the others come out. sprite looks ok.

trap is interesting. the first thing that pops out at you is the duration, its very… interesting. bleeding does nothing to enemies, 20hp/sec is less than you would do if you were like lvl 10 using t9 wth weakened. well maybe unless you were hitting an armoured enemy or an ininvulnability. Other than that it just shots bullets nothing strange. also does bleeding stack?

Other way round.
First enemy gets the longest stasis, but the least damage.

Unless you place a fourth down, the one that you placed down first explodes.
Obviously is enemies get to close it explodes too.

Yes it does.

I do check things on the Wiki first, before I implement it into items.

Ummm, mat want to fix this.

But it still deals its own damage.

And its MP cost is equal to a Tier 3, so there’d be reasons to use it.

Not really, remember - Whitebags are meant (DECA!) to be rare, so for accessibility to stasis Mystic would be your first choice.

Furthermore, Mystic can stasis more enemies at a time and they Curse enemies remember, so 20% damage can be dealt during that duration.

Your argument is like CTrap nullisifes the point in playing Archer, but obviously each class has its perks regardless of the similar nature of some items.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.