Various item ideas, by Xaklor [updated with 2 new UT's]

so I bet you’re getting tired of me constantly telling you guys that your ideas “suck” for one reason or another, so now it’s your turn to hit mine :wink:
jokes aside, most of these I’ve been thinking about for a while for one reason or another, I think they’re pretty good, I don’t see any problems with them other than ones I’ll address as I come to them. but obviously I’m gonna be a little biased since I’m the one who made them.
please be completely honest in your feedback, this means that if you don’t like it, say something! but it also means that if you do like it, let me know! some of these may reappear in future dungeons I work on if they’re good enough.

note: I will completely ignore all comments regarding drop locations because I do not give a flying f* about it, it adds nothing to the idea itself.**
also note: some of these sprites are not my best work, so feel free to try and do better

Mini Trap
an extremely simple hunting trap. it’s very weak, but doesn’t require much power.
mp cost: 25
radius: 3
damage: 0
slow duration: 3s
fame bonus: 5%
feed power: 850

This trap is solely for slowing enemies, if you even remotely care about damage you should be using ctrap or tiered traps. the mp cost is the lowest of all traps, but so is the radius of the trap. a mere 3 tiles explosion means that an enemy has to get within 1.5 tiles of the trap to set it off. this trap is extremely spammable however, so it shouldn’t be too hard to work with.
while this may seem like a “direct upgrade” to the T0 trap, I’d like to point out that I don’t think that’s really a valid argument. the entire point of a tier system is to make previous tiers inferior to the higher tiers. if this doesn’t follow the same pattern as the tier of progression it’s not really tiered now is it? if the tiers worked the way they should, you wouldn’t feel the need to defend the absolute lowest trap in-game.

Time Bomb (trap)
sometimes you need a different kind of trap.
mp cost: 140
radius: 6
damage: 750
slow duration: 0s
fame bonus: 6%
feed power: 950
isn’t thrown. created instantly on the tile you stand on

this trap, in total contrast to the previous one, is all about the damage. easily the most powerful trap damage-wise, but it doesn’t inflict slow at all. however, to avoid making this too similar to a poison for huntress, it’s deploying system is also different. instead of being thrown like normal traps, this one gets put down instantly, but only where you’re standing. in some cases this is much better than throwing the trap, like in shatters or the early stages of an ffa tomb. but in other cases it makes it totally useless, like stationary bosses such as O2. so it remains situational, like a UT should.

Old Relic / Archaic Scepter
this ancient artifact houses incredible power, but it’s not as easily used as modern magicks are.
mp cost: 95
damage: 450
range: 4.5
targets: 5
stat bonuses: +4 DEF
feed power: 1000

at first glance, this looks like your typical “more damage/fewer targets” idea, but there’s more to the balance of this scepter than hitting 3 less targets. the key balancing point is that the range has been cut in half. this means that not only do you have to be within 4.5 tiles instead of the typical 9, but the other enemies also have to be within 4.5 tiles of each other to chain in the first place. so this is really only a good idea when you can afford to get closer and/or enemies are more tightly packed. if you can do it safely, its 450 damage will be very rewarding, but you should keep a fulmi and/or t5/6 scepter on hand too.

Timestop Quiver
these arrows don’t just stop enemies in their tracks. they stop them completely
mp cost: 100
damage: 350-400 (375)
range: 15
speed: 15
effect: stasis for 3s, stun for 4s
cooldown: 5.5s
stat bonus: +3 SPD
feed power: 1001

I bet you’re thinking, “holy s***, stun on a QUIVER? what were YOU thinking, huh?!” I will admit, this is the one I’m most concerned about, but there are restrictions to it. first, it also inflicts stasis. this stasis itself is a good thing, if handled properly. since this doesn’t pierce, it’ll only get one enemy as opposed to mystic orbs, but sometimes you only want to get one. stasis for 3s overlapped with stun for 4s means that you effectively only get 1s of stun time. that’s not very much, and again, it’s only on one enemy as opposed to shields which also pierce. in order to get your precious 1s of stun time, you also have to wait out the 3s of stasis. so the stasis is the limiting factor here, it’s both the special ability and the nerf of this quiver. second, this has a 5.5s cooldown. if you miss your one enemy, you have to wait a while before trying again, you’ll never be able to achieve the permastun capabilities of knights.

there is, admittedly, a small problem here. what about the enemies that are immune to stasis, but not to stun? those get the full 4s of stun time, which is very very powerful. I still have mixed feelings on this point, it’s why I’m showing it to you for your feed back. I made a list of the enemies that fall into this category to help show what kind of things I’m talking about, along with a brief comment about their situation

stasis immune but stun vulnerable enemies

Skull Shrine -many minions, hard to hit. recently received a stun-immune phase as well-
Cube God -many minions, hard to hit. recently received a stun-immune phase as well-
Pentaract Tower -I’m not sure if this is actually vulnerable to stun, but it’s mostly pointless anyway-
Grand Sphinx
Lord of the Lost Lands -many minions, hard to hit.-
Hermit God
Ghost Ship
Rock Dragon -paralyze is infinitely safer AND more effective against this, assuming you can even hit it-
Brute of Oryx -many minions, hard to hit.-
Dreadstump the Pirate King -pointless-
Arachna the Spider Queen -pointless-
Stheno the Snake Queen -many minions, hard to hit. pointless-
Mixcoatl the Masked God
Limon the Sprite God -extremely fast, hard to hit.-
Troll Matriarch
Ghost Bride
Grave Caretaker -many minions, hard to hit.-
Ghost of Skuld
Septavius the Ghost God
Archdemon Malphas -many minions, hard to hit.-
Abyss Idol
Gulpord the Slime God -has stun immune phase.-
Davy Jones
Lord Ruthven
Son of Arachna
Dreadstump the Pirate King -has stun immune phase.-
Dr. Terrible
Horrific Creation -pointless.-
Thessal the Mermaid Goddess
Sarcophagus -pointless.-
Oryx the Mad God 1
Oryx the Mad God 2 -many minions, hard to hit.-

obviously the ones I’m most concerned about are O1 and O2. they’re normally stunned anyway if there are really good knights around, but if this quiver manages to actually get a hit on O2 that might be OP. anyway let me know what you think.

Ancient Spell: Pulse
the flow of magic is not always linear. use this to your advandage.
mp cost: 80
shots: 20
damage: 80-130 (105
speed: 20
range: 8
stat bonuses: +3 SPD +3 DEX
feed power: 900
shots boomerang

I’ve always thought it would be cool if there were more Ancient Spells other than the ST one, Pierce. I designed another one of these in the Stone Caves of Nores if you remember, “Ancient Spell: Conflagration”. but all this is aesthetic mumbo-jumbo. this spell looks totally weak. and if you’re in a situation where you can land perfect spellbombs, it is. but the special thing about this spell is that the shots have a boomerang effect, effectively giving them double the airtime and double the chances to hit. if you have ever tried using wizard in the godlands, you’ve probably noticed that your wasting a lot of shots from your spells. those are the kinds of situations where this spell would help, fewer wasted shots would make this deal more damage than the more powerful spells out there.

Holy Ray Spell
the light of the heavens will no longer ignore the atrocities of the mad god.
mp cost: 80
shots: 20
damage: 100-180 (140)
speed: 13
range: 8
feed power: 900
shots are fired one at a time, at the nearest target at the time of use

this spell isn’t like others. instead of blowing all over the place, it focuses all 20 of its shots in a single beam, aimed at whatever is closest to the cursor at the time you press the spacebar. all of them are fired one at a time in rapid succession, the entire blast should take no longer than a second to complete, preferably even less. the heightened damage makes it more useful on stationary targets than tiered spells, but against mobs this spell is very weak and/or useless.

Stone Orb
it’s made of stone, yet oddly clear like glass. how this is possible is unknown.

while key held:

• mp cost: 10 mp/sec
  • paralyze on group, paralyze on self

when key released:

• mp cost: 90
  • effect: berserk to all

Berserk
paralysis radius: 2
feed power: 1000

I know this looks complicated and bizarre, but I promise it’s actually pretty simple. this orb (the closest ability type I could think of for this effect is orb, so it’s an orb) has 2 uses:

1. you can paralyze enemies for as long as your mp lasts, even indefinitely. the catch? you are also paralyzed while paralyzing something else. this cannot be cured with holy water or puri priests because it’s a constant effect, just like how the cleansing water in a mad lab doesn’t remove speedy from a ninja. so you won’t be missing the target, but the target won’t be missing you.

2. you can buff your allies with this orb, giving the mystic even more group support. this is also to help make up for the fact that this orb doesn’t curse, which normally boosts the group’s dps. the duration formula is identical to the T6 orb’s duration, and the radius formula is identical to the T6 seal’s radius.

this should go without saying, but this is extremely powerful. the catch is that it’s also very co-op oriented, unlike nearly every other UT item in the entire game. you can’t effectively paralyze something if it’s attacking you (who is also paralyzed), so you’ll need your friends to help draw aggro away from you so that everyone benefits from the immobile monsters. to assist you with this, you can boost your friends to do more damage.

despite all this, the mystic’s role is unchanged. the mystic still gets to control the flow of the battle, but in a brand new way. using this combined with a tiered orb, the mystic can dominate the battlefield, assuming it has willing “minions” to sweep away the clutter.

comment on what you like and don’t like, and don’t forget to click like on this post if you like what you see! (same goes for all other replies on the forum too, likes are good! don’t be stingy like I was, it’s not cool :relaxed:)

Ancient Spell: Flood
If you could customize your own Weapon in RotMG: Here's Mine
Are you addicted to the RealmEye Forum?
How do you feel about the Sorc?
[Forum Game]- Make your own set

##Mini Trap
Raise MP Cost/Radius - Really cool idea. Seeing as the damage is nonexistent, I would have like to see a larger radius. I understand that the MP cost is low, but I suppose that could be raised a bit.

Make Sprite Smaller - Seeing as it is called a “Mini Trap,” I kind of want the sprite to be smaller than other trap sprites. This may cause problems with aesthetics, but it would almost be worth it just to have the sprite match the trap name.

##Time Bomb
There’s Nothing to See Here - Love it. 10/10 on this one. I like the idea of having to risk your body to get the trap in place. The sprite is dope too.

Description Suggestion - Once you hear the “click”, it’s already too late.

##Old Relic
There’s Really Nothing to See Here - This one is well done as well. No real comments to make on it. It seems pretty cut and dry. Nice job.

##Timestop Quiver
"holy s*, stun on a QUIVER? what were YOU thinking, huh?!"** - In all honesty, the first time I used a quiver, I was pretty disappointed that it paralyzed instead of stunned. It’s really not that big of a deal, when you pair it with the stasis. To be honest, it is going to be just as annoying as a mystic. Overall though, I think the stun is fine the way you have it set up.

what about the enemies that are immune to stasis, but not to stun? - I don’t really see anything in here that would really make the item OP. A 4 second stun is long, yes, but shouldn’t a knight be stunning most of these anyway like you said?

Tweaks (let me rush with it) - When I think of stasis and stun, I think rushing. You’ve even added the +3 SPD bonus in there for me, so (I think) you were thinking something similar. The only problem is the 5.5 second cooldown. My suggestion would be to reduce stasis to 2 seconds, reduce stun to 3 seconds. Reduce the cooldown to 4 seconds. Now I can fire it more often, which helps when I want to rush with it. Furthermore, for things like O2, my ranged stun no longer rivals the longest stunning shield in the game. I think this really balances things out.

##Ancient Spell: Pulse
Let It Pulse, Not Boomerang - I like the idea of gracing an area twice with your spell, but I think this needs a little bit of a buff. As such, I suggest that you make it more of a pulse. I’m thinking something along the lines of first drawing in energy before pulsing it outward in a powerful blast. What does all this mean? Have all the shots appear on the circumference of the spell’s maximum range. They will then fly to the center where the spell was fired, before flying outward once more like a normal spell. What do you gain from this? For one thing, it is harder to use. This means you can buff the damage a bit. Honestly, the spell damage is pretty bad. I think it could use the extra kick. Furthermore, it makes it so that the purpose of the spell isn’t to land a perfect spell by positioning your mouse exactly on the right tile. Now, you HAVE to think about the boomerang effect, since the spell shots won’t reach the epicenter of the spell fire immediately, as they have to travel from their maximum range to the center first, thus adding a slight delay.

Note that the shots don’t pierce, and thus would stop if they hit anything along their journey from one side of the spell circumference to the other.

It would look something like this:
Pulse

##Bow of the Forgotten Star
Copy Pasta Sprite - yeah just change it so that I can tell the difference between the new morning star and the old morning star sprite that you have. Pretty confusing.

(@Scorchmist Is the post legit now?)

<_< that’s not allowed, last time i did that a mod deleted it.

wtf. Cheater.

fckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!1

that was the idea for my trap, i even had a stun/paralyze before it acivates, so to represent the placing of the trap!!!

good. I like this trap. [quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
Time Bomb (trap)
[/quote]

you even had the same idea with a dmging trap. super salty about this one. :rage:

oh, you know that useless scepter that you said was useless like 1-2months ago, i remade it to have higher range, since no one has touched range…hate you…[quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
Timestop Quiver
[/quote]

i like this one a lot. Simple but very nice.[quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
what about the enemies that are immune to stasis, but not to stun?
[/quote]

well… this is annoying, but who cares about that[quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
[/quote]

cool. Nice, reminds me of that spell that came into the mouse, makes it easier to hit things, i was gonna do a star that boomeranged, but it wouldnt have been as nice as this.

Nice. there wasnt an idea that i didnt like, ofc i didnt look at balancing and that crap.[quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
so this is really only a good idea when you can afford to get closer and/or enemies are more tightly packed.
[/quote]

hmm…well…ok, you can see my variation on this problem in 10years, when i finish my set.

Necromancer Set Sprites

It’s a legit post now so it doesn’t matter xD

sounds like something a cheater would say :stuck_out_tongue:

You caught me :stuck_out_tongue: Careful or I will have to really start nit-picking your ideas lol

I think there are a few things wrong with implementing the “Mini Trap”. I currently use the t0 trap as swapout to ctrap (in fact I use the t0 a lot more), and I don’t even carry any tiered trap, because they’ve all became useless with the time. As the game got more and more fast-paced with functional pets, tiered traps were left behind. Their damage and slow times are not worth their throw time AND mana cost, nor are the slow times. If you want paralyze, use ctrap. If you want slow, use t0. There is no reason to use higher tiered traps atm.

A trap with that concept would surely be fun as hell to use (t0 is pretty good and gets you perma-slow on most monsters), but at the current state it would just make that unbalance gap even bigger.
I really like the time bomb, though!

that’s actually the point. there shouldn’t be a reason to use T0 items. it prevents growth by going up tiers, leaving the only room for improvement in UT’s, and huntress currently has only 1 UT trap. the tiers on traps need some work, but until then I made the Mini Trap.

Glad to see some of your ideas here! Anyway, I’ll go through them.

Mini Trap
I personally feel that this seems kind of radical in completely removing damage in exchange for a low MP cost. Making it something like 25 damage for 30-35 MP seems viable to me.

Time Bomb
I really like this one. It’s unique, doesn’t seem too OP cough Jugg cough, and has some incredibly great uses. My only complaint, and this is mainly due to my Overwatch fanboy-ism, is that the description isn’t something like,

This trap’s for you!

Old Relic/Archaic Scepter
I also like this one. Its sprite is nice, reminding me of a Typemaster or Piggby work, while granting very nice bonuses.

Timestop Quiver
Firstly, O.O XAKLOR PUT STUN ON A RANGED WEAPON!?!?!?
Yes, I know you explained it, but that was my immediate reaction.
Upon further inspection, it seemed a bit more balanced, especially due to its technically 1-second Stun on most enemies. Also,

Why 1001? Not sure if it’s a typo or what, but it seems off.

I’m a fan of expanding the Ancient Spell lore. That reminds me, by the way, that I kind of accidentally stole the name and Ancient Spell-ness of my Obsidian Summit spell from Stone Caves of Nore without realizing. Sorry for that.
Anyway, I like the effect of it! I’ve always been curious as to why we’ve never had boomeranging abilities.

Bow of the Forgotten Star
You couldn’t make your own sprite for this? C’mon, man. I mean, at least for Ancient Spell: Pulse, you recolored it. Anyway, so as to not come off as a constant complainer, here’s my crack at it.

I used the light reds, blues, and oranges to sort of symbolize a nova.
My thoughts on the weapon itself: not bad. I like it, and, even if it weren’t implemented as a whole new weapon, it can at least be a new version of the Leaf Bow, as you said.

Overall:
Not bad. Some of them can use some work, especially when it comes to sprites, but generally, these are pretty good.

that’s also the point. even the name goes along with it. I think DECA never should have removed it for the new sprite and I’m giving it a new home. :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s not typo. and there’s no real reason. it just is.

True. I don’t know, I just kind of feel like it’s best to make one’s own sprites. Eh, I guess it makes sense. Use my sprite if you want to, btw.

Okay then.

it IS smaller

I REFUSE to re-hash the boring unoriginal idea of a spell that starts from the edge and moves inward, under ANY circumstances.

that’s the POINT.

one thing is:[quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4685”]
please be completely honest in your feedback
[/quote]

so you should use less CAPS when replying back.
Seriously, you use CAPS too much, pretty much yelling.

I guess it is smaller. Just from a cursory glance, since the height of the sprite is the same and the width is only 1 pixel smaller, it just seemed to be the same size as the normal trap sprite. Maybe it should be even smaller.

I see. Welp, there goes that. In that case, I think your spell just doesn’t deal enough damage. A good wizard should be able to land enough of the spell shots that it doesn’t need a boomerang effect, especially when the spell damage is bad, and the spell makes it extremely difficult to land “perfect” spells.

I guess the point is kind of dumb then.

only if people stop needing me to explain things that should have been obvious, like the minitrap actually being smaller

it’s not harder, it’s exactly the same as a normal spell until the shots reach the end of their range, then they just come back if they missed.

at least I’m doing more about it than endlessly whining like some loser on reddit begging DECA to undo the sprite change after 5 months : P

A normal trap sprite is 4x6. Your sprite is 4x5. It is not a proportionally smaller trap, nor does it appear that way. I suppose I could have worded it better, but I was expecting a truly mini version of the original trap sprite, not one that went on a diet and took off a few pixels around the middle.

Yes, excuse me. I was still thining about the other spell that starts on the outside. You are correct on that point. The damage is still bad tho.

You have a point. I just think that if they are bringing the sprite back, I would rather have it be a novelty item instead of something entirely new and powerful, aka what the leaf bow should have been. Otherwise, you just have 2 pretty different weapons with different purposes that look extremely similar.

Only comment:

These should drop from things. Yeah, lots of things.

That is so very sad. We definitely needed more ideas for a Ghost Ship white bag.

Also it does add to the idea. The rarity of the item is part of its balance (which is partially why Dbow is so good).

Nobody is ever going to actually use this. A few people will be delighted by the possibility of being the prettiest Huntress on Realmeye with a full blue set and everyone else will be feeding it to their pets.

I kinda like the fact that some classes benefit from keeping lower tiers as swap-outs. Means you need to put slightly more thought into how to approach each situation.

The only way this could come close to being a “direct upgrade” would be if it were super common, and then the fame bonus and feed power would be OP as fuck.

Oh look, another pure damage Trap. That’s so original even I have made one.

Then again the concept of playing Bomberman in RotMG is fun.

Unless your Trap is somehow easier to farm than Dbow, there isn’t much of a reason to bring one to a Shatts. As for Tomb, why would you not Slow/Paralyze the bosses if you already know it’s FFA?

That’s a pretty good idea, but it’s going to make rebalancing tiered Scepters even more of a nightmare than it already is.

Not really useful for rushing since a correctly used t3 or even t0 works generally better, but completely overpowered for certain bosses.

Difference being that Knights can’t Stun from across the room, without taking any risks whatsoever.

i cri

@WillLoor we got ninja’d