Last updated: Release 16.1.0
The Deadwater Docks is a high-level dungeon that is a much more difficult version of the Pirate Cave.
This dungeon is based for high-level players (Suggested Level: 20 and Defense Maxed) because the enemies and boss can do significant damage.
This dungeon is a source for both Potions of Speed and Potions of Dexterity, and is also the only source of the Pirate King’s Cutlass, an untiered sword.
Entrances to The Deadwater Docks are dropped from the Crystal Prisoner, which only spawns once per realm.
The Deadwater Docks Key is available in the Nexus for 100 Realm Gold.
See the Deadwater Docks Guide for a complete walk-through on the dungeon and all its enemies.
- This dungeon was added in Build 16.0.0.
- This dungeon is one of the three “Epic Dungeons”.
- This dungeon was released alongside The Crawling Depths and Woodland Labyrinth, which are the two other “Epic Dungeons”.
Upon entering Deadwater Docks, you will first be confronted with The Heroic Observer, which is a wall with very high HP and regenerates all missing HP every few seconds. You will need sufficient DPS to break the wall and enter into the actual dungeon.
After destroying the wall, you will be able to enter into the main dungeon area. Similar to the original pirate cave, you will see platforms and water. You may walk on the platforms, but the dark blue areas are now “evil water”. If you stand in or move through evil water, you will take damage. This damage ignores your defense stat, just like lava damage.
The boss, Jon Bilgewater, does not reside here - you will need to find the portal to “Bilgewater’s Grotto”, where the boss awaits you. Navigate through the docks to find the portal room.
Screenshot of the Deadwater Docks:
Back to top
Back to top
Jon Bilgewater is located in a Bilgewater’s Grotto, a separate room of the dungeon whose portal is found in a treasure-filled room in the Docks. Be careful when doing the dungeon with a group as entering the boss room late can result in instant death or significant damage if the boss is in the area where players spawn.
Back to top
Drops of Interest
- At the beginning of the dungeon, there is a wall that prevents everyone from proceeding to the rest of the dungeon until a DPS threshold is met, similar to the mechanic of cracking a crystal. Many times, some encouragement is needed after killing the crystal prisoner to ensure enough people enter the dungeon to crack this first wall.
- Teleporting over the walls with a Trickster or Cloak of the Planewalker can lead to a very short dungeon.
- Evil water tiles, similar to the lava tiles in the Abyss of Demons and the godlands, will cause periodic damage that ignores your defense stat. Running through evil water tiles will quickly diminish your health. Watch where you run, especially when going from room to room!
- Each platform has one or two enemies that throw bottled evil water every 1-2 seconds. Target these enemies first to avoid large pools of evil water forming on the platforms.
- Enemies will chase across platforms (rooms), so if you rush from one platform to another, you will drag them with you, creating a large mob. Any piercing weapon will help clear chasing enemies.
- The entrance to the room containing the portal to Jon Bilgewater always faces south. The edge of the portal room is colored in a lighter orange tile, which can help you identify the location of the portal room.
- Be careful when teleporting to someone rushing to the portal room if the rusher is not a rogue because he/she is probably dragging a ton of enemies!
Back to top