Buffs/Reworks of Various Items: Part 2!

Skull of Corrupted Souls

The cursed skull of a corrupted mind. Good intentions can go horribly wrong.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 100 90
On Equip: +66 HP, +6 VIT
Effect(s): Inflicts Curse for 4 seconds
Inflicts Bleeding for 5 seconds (stacks)
Lifesteal: Heal the amount of damage dealt to an enemy with Bleeding (Limit: 1 enemy)
Damage:
Defense Ignored: 40
Radius: 2.25 2 tiles
Heal: 80 75
Heal Range: 4.2 (+0.8 tiles for every 10 WIS above 50) tiles
Lifesteal Range: 1 (0.25 tiles for every 10 WIS above 40) tiles
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 1,300

Drops from:

Some Information:
I wanted to give this skull a use in a group, since we all know it’s pretty bad when some Mystics are around. Especially when it drops from an endgame dungeon. In this case, I gave the skull huge gradual healing dependent on how many times you inflict Bleeding on the enemy. It can range from 20 HP/s to over 100 HP/s.
I made the heal to group radius extremely small, and the radius of the skull itself smaller so it wouldn’t be too broken. It would increase Necro’s utility massively when there’s sustained damage being dealt to nearby players.

Trap of the Vile Spirit

A long lost artifact recovered by Davy Jones, believed to have been cursed by the gods of the seven seas themselves.

MP Cost: 90 100
On Equip: +20 MP, +3 ATT, +3 SPD +20 MP, +4 DEX, +5 SPD
Effect(s): Inflicts Slowed for 3 seconds
Fear of Ghosts: Whenever this ability hits a Slowed enemy, spawn a vile spirit that attacks the enemy
Vile Spirit: 1000 damage per 1 second(s) (2000 total)
Throw Time: 0.75 second(s)
Duration: 20 second(s) (Vile Spirit: 2 second(s))
Damage: 650 550
Total Damage: 2550 total
Trigger Radius: 1.95 2.5 tiles
Explosion Radius: 3 7.5 tiles
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900 1,200

Drops from:

Some Information:
The Slowed occurs after the trap explodes, so you’ll need to use another trap after the first one to put the status effect proc to use. I imagined it to still have a small radius, but an absolutely colossal explosion radius, similar to a jumpscare! I made the extra damage a big burst, like a jumpscare too. I planned to make it more gradual, but that would be too similar to Cave Dweller Trap. I wanted to try something new!

Blacklight Artifice

An alluring entanglement forged with razor-like black iron. Oryx’s most adept hunters use this device to severely wound their prey before executing them.

MP Cost: 110 125
Effect(s): Trap instantly deploys on user’s location
Lasting Damage: 33% Wounds enemies ensnared within five seconds, dealing 750 damage over five four seconds.
Throw Time: 0 second(s)
Duration: 30 second(s)
Damage: 700
Total Damage: 1450 total
Trigger Radius: 4 7.5 tiles
Explosion Radius: 8 7.5 tiles
Cooldown: 3 1 second(s)
Fame Bonus: 5%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 700

Obtained through:

Some Information:
I increased the radius of the trap to a massive 7.5 tiles so it would be actually usable, but the explosion radius is the same size as the trigger radius, making it affective only for enemies already near you. I also made the proc guaranteed, so it’s more reliable. I also made the cooldown a third of it’s original length, so it’s a little bit more spammable, but I upped the MP cost to 125 to sort of balance it out. This is more of a buff, since I’m not really adding anything new.

Mimicry Trap

A crystal trap with a built-in luring mechanism. The perimeter of the trap reflects light toward the center to create an illusionary mimic.

Tier: UT (Limited)
MP Cost: 80
Effect(s): Creates a centered decoy
If an enemy enters the trigger radius while the decoy is active, the decoy stays for three more seconds before exploding.
Inflicts Slowed for 3 seconds
Throw Time: 1 second(s)
Duration: 3.5 4 second(s)
Damage: 50 500
Trigger Radius: 2 tiles
Explosion Radius: 4 tiles
Cooldown: 5 1 second(s)
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 750

Obtained through:

Some Information:
An interesting concept. It’s sort of like a pressure plate with TnT below it, but in RotMG. I shortened the cooldown and increased the damage to make it usable, too!

Murky Toxin

A deadly substance concocted with ingredients found in the sewers, including a portion of Gulpgord the Slime God.

MP Cost: 120 100 (22.75 damage/MP)
On Equip: +3 ATK, +3 DEX +4 ATK, +4 SPD
Impact Damage: 150 300 for the smallest bomb
150 for the larger bomb
50 75 for the largest bomb (200 525 total if all hit)
Damage Over Time: 750 1000 (333.33 damage/s) for the smallest bomb
500 (166.66 damage/s) for the larger bomb
250 (83.33 damage/s) for the largest bomb (1000 1750 (583.33 damage/s) if all hit)
Total Damage: 1200 2275 damage total
Duration: 4 3 second(s) for all bombs
Radius: 2 1.5, 3, and 4 tiles respectively
Throw Time: 0.8 0.75 second(s) for all bombs
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900

Drops from:

Notes:
In this idea, I made it so you had to be even more precise to get the total damage, but I made it WAY more rewarding than the current Murky. I also made it three bombs, so you won’t be punished as much for missing the center bomb. This poison is going to be great for stationary targets and dealing damage from far away. I also let go of some offensive stats, but for some extra speed. So you can rush in for times that you can use your dagger.

Now this is much better than the first one, you made alot of bad and/or luck based abilities much more unique and viable, but if i’m not misunderstanding anything, the cult skull you made, ontop of cursing and costing less MP than tiered, heals like 175 per enemy? Even with the small radius…

The thing about that is, it’s at 20 HP/s for most of it. So you’ll need to stack it for it to fully take effect. I might tweak it some more in the future, to balance it out. Thank you for your feedback!

I really like what you did with it to make it useful for soloing (because of the curse) while also not being useless in groups because of the different way of healing that is arguably more useful in some situations, but because the combination of the two heals right now is pretty much always better than tiered, maybe you could change the way it heals to just a basically single target focused skull that heals alot from that one target, still keeping the way the bleed works?

I’m assuming bleeding is just poison that doesn’t go through invul phases, do you have any idea if the bleeding can deal sb damage? Besides, I might be wrong but I don’t think XML supports healing through bleeding yet.

Maybe the normal heal multi target, but the lifesteal single target? Yeah! That would be good. Thank you!

Yeah, Bleeding is 20 HP/s to enemies. I think Bleeding would deal soulbound damage if you coded it like a poison.
This is just an idea. I don’t really know much about XML, so maybe.

Love this. Seeing some of the forgotten UTs like Vile get reworked is one of the things I look forward to ardently. I think you are addressing a real issue with your work, and I hope you keep it up.

Thank you! I’m coming up with a list for part 3. I hope to finish it soon!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.