Stacked Shots and You (Stacked shots no longer occur)

We all hate stacked shots right? So let’s learn What shots can stack and what causes them!

Murderous Megamoth

When this boss is trasforming into it’s 3rd phase the Mini Larva that it spawns upon the change shot deadly stacked shots, very easy to avoid just back off and have some reaction time.

Ice Adept

Upon leaving the range of this guys shots he will shoot usually two volleys of stacked shots. Best thing to do is to keep them in your range and if you can’t do so just carefully re-enter it’s range. Be warned they may jump at you.

Stone Mage

Upon being un-stunned these buggers will let lose tons of stacked shots you can tell they are stacked when the fire right of the enemy goes from a consent stream to about once every 2 seconds. A good Idea is to not stun them unless you will be able to kill them before they can fire again.

The Stone Mage has A second stacked shot, it will throw spikes onto the ground, these can be very dangerous. I am not sure how it is caused but I believe it is also via stunning.

Stone Paladin

Same as above, they stack when they are stunned. It is best to not stun them unless you can kill them before they can fire. They do not change fire rate.

Ice Sphere

They are stacked shots… RUN

Crawling Depths Egg Sac

When these eggs are broken they will spawn the small blue spiders. Upon this Spawn all the spiders shoot over on top of each other. This stacked shot is pretty weak but consider yourself dead if you get hit by a armor break spider right be fore hand. Solution? strafe!

Royal Guardian J

Upon spawn all of their shots are stacked just you know, don’t get hit don’t be close to the forgotten king, hide behind the wall

Royal Guardian L

When stunned, the Royal Guardian will release stacked Fire Bullets after being stunned. These can vary in terms of damage depending on the time between the stun status being afflicted and the stun status wearing off.

Grand Sphinx

Her 3rd phase can be pretty deadly with the last shot in said phase being stacked. It’s best just to stay on your feat and keep your distance. Very easy to dodge.

Killer Pillar

Like many others this is caused by stunning them when they are in their vunerabl stage. Stay away if you see a knight stun them many players purposfully try to kill others here.

Geb

Once the fight has progressed to the “Battle phase” Geb will spawn multiple Nile Artifacts On spawn these will shot a stacked shot. Fairly easy to dodge if you are expecting it just move in circles pretty much.

Jon Bilgewater the Pirate King

If stunned during the parrot phase his cannon balls will be stacked, very deadly very scary. Stay in the safe spot

Let me know if I missed any, have fun avoiding stacked shots!

Dead characters

Sphinx and hugging (+probably more)

Is that not more a shot gun? they arn’t stacked the same way.

Bilgewater might stack, I’m not sure.

I haven’t fought Bilgewater in a long time, but I recall taking some crazy amounts of damage at full HP in there.

He is right. Sphinx sometimes stack her shots during her second phase (big fireballs that don’t weak)

Know how it is caused?

From the wiki:

Her third and final phase starts with the Sphinx shooting large flames
at you in spreads. They will alternate between single shots, double
shots, and large waves, until the last shot where they will stack, giving the illusion of a single bullet. They do heavy damage, about 110 base, so be careful of them.

Basically retreat before her phase ends

added

I might recommend adding the killer pillars from the avatar, while the shots are not totally stacked on top of each other they condense down and can insta kill you if you are hit by multiple.

It’s caused by the pillars getting stunned.

Edit:
And as people have said above bilgewater can stack shots similar to how a pillar does (not fully stacked but greatly condensed), however i have no idea what causes that.

Edit 2:
Oh also, when nile artifacts spawn their shots can be stacked

I’m pretty sure it’s caused by stunning when he’s in the middle with the parrots healing. @Shatter you can add if you want.

added

added

added

Thank you all for the contribution.

Stone mage^

Usually this only happens when you stun them during a certain phase.

You should also mention overspawning things (like cloaking next to a pillar when no-one is around) which leads to stacked shots as well.

Stone Paladin^

Instead of saying stacked, a better way to put is that they go into a different attack pattern, seeing as each shot only does x damage.

You should note that if you stun at beginning and they become unstunned before explosion death, then the shots become ‘stacked’ similar to the stone paladins.

It might even be worth mentioning Limon if he gets paralyzed or you are cloaked. Not stacked, but the attack pattern changes to a shotgun which can kill a maxed def player. Since you mentioned stone paladins I thought this be relevant.

lol.

The Gigacorn is also worth mentioning for sure because if it charges at you whilst shooting the triple armour piercing shots its basically stacked and can kill a melee fairly easily if not careful.

Davy Jones is also a candidate due to his bleeding shots when he is immune and charges at you, therefore stacking.

The only other guys I can think of would be the oryx puppet, there are several phases where he can stack and yes, these guys if you break the coffin at a certain moment.

it appears that the tentacle phases at forgotten king can stack severely, in some cases theres times where the tentacles just opened up a door in it’s tentacles by itself, with stacked shots behind it. But since noone is gonna cross the tentacles, this detail isnt that important.

Also mention green potions. They’re main purpose is to KILL with stakced shots.

the green potion is a shotgun more or less not, not what we consider stacked shots

o. Also, I think I awy a situation where an urglu’s beam stakced to 25 shots (found that that any shot that has 25 bullets or more stacked on top will remove the transparency of the bullet) at one point. Just saying.

Here’s another one for you:

Royal Guardian L

When stunned, the Royal Guardian will release stacked Fire Bullets after being stunned. These can vary in terms of damage depending on the time between the stun status being afflicted and the stun status wearing off.

added

Taking the L like a champ

Heyo, new update, removed stacked shots!

I wonder how well the fixes worked as I haven’t really tested them out yet. But I think they at least addressed most of the ones on your list, so maybe updating the guide saying that Deca did something about them?