[UPDATED!]The problem(s) with ST items and my ideas to fix them

Honestly I completely agree. After thinking it over, it’s still way to hard to lose 50% HP for a knight (that’s 400-500 HP). I will change to what you suggested, thank you!

I’ve mentioned that you only get the fairy if you land the killing blow on it. This makes it much harder to get bigger enemies because normally you’re fighting with other players. In addition, I’ve decided to completely remove the attack role of the fairy. It would be hard to code both a decoy and an attacker so I guess you’re right there.

Only the priest gets the +3 atk, and the buff stacks on how many debuffs were removed by your heals. I will change the wording.

After others have commented as well, I’ve reduced the range so that this is a little more realistic. Yes, this is also one of my favorite ideas from the post :slight_smile:

Interesting idea! I love the effect of making portals but I’m not sure about how you want the effect to be activated. Simply dealing damage is too basic for a wizard and it’s also hard to keep track of how much dmg you are dealing. I like the concept though.

Interesting idea. I might change it to that, however I have to try to relate the concept to a “dragon slayer”.

Yeah I’m not to proud of this one but I’d love the aesthetic of a bumblebee hopping around, leaving this gorgeous, delicious pile of honey behind her.

I don’t know what I’d change about it. Adding another cooldown would make the description a little too confusing. Maybe the damage you take when casting it makes you sick? That sounds good, I will add that.

Yeah that is my least favorite idea out of all of them, I will just outright remove it and hope for better concepts.

Because you made such a long post, people trying to quote you are forced to make long posts themselves! Now the whole thread is filled with few topics with huge posts! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

and how am i supposed to read?

Well this is an idea that I take very seriously! There’s also a lot of concepts in this post so that is why its so long.

I love this idea to have an extra reason to get ST sets. The most of any set that I have ever had in my possession at 1 time is right now: I have ether and spectral ring, as well as symbo and rags. So half of 2 sets. My only problem with this is that ST drops do seem to be much rarer than whites. (I’ve gotten 4 dokus before either of those sts, and 1 doku in between them. I actually have never had a cem white, but i don’t run cem. The ether is from a giveaway and spec ring from st chest)

Ideas for the set bonuses:

Twilight Archmage Set: Betwixt the Void
Become ethereal for 5 seconds when dropping bellow 33% health, causing all shots to pass through you without dealing damage, but preventing your shots from damaging enemies. (20 second cooldown)

Lost Golem Set: Mecca of Madness
Slowly become more insane the longer you stay in a dungeon, slightly distorting and discoloring your screen over time, but drastically boosting your attack and dexterity.

Flesh Collector Set: Consume and Defile
Enemies will occasionally drop “Supple Flesh”, a soulbound consumable that restores 100 hp and mp, while granting a stacking bonus of +1 to your vit, wis, and attack for 5 minutes.

Akuma Slayer Set: Perfect Parry
While at full health, damage taken is reduced by 50% and reflected back at the enemy who struck you.

Essentially you become invincible (not invulnerable) and get stunned, to put it into game terms.

Maybe you get drunk after 5-10 mins into the dung but get +10 atk +10 dex?

Hard to code in, maybe +50 def (1 more than the total defense a samurai would get from wearing the whole set + maxed def) instead of the reflection thing

I really like these ideas, man!

This seems absurdly overpowered, as this basically denies a death situation, even some “instakills” because it activates immediately when you drop that low. 20 seconds is an extremely low cooldown, because you never find yourself below 33% HP as a wizard anyways.
Also, this idea is slightly similar to the knight ST passive, and I don’t want any redundancy in any of the passives.

This is amazing. The concept fits perfectly into both the LH lore (people became insane after going around in circles in the halls) and this concept makes perfect sense as a lost golem who cannot find his way back to the overworld.
I think that this could work as a drunk effect, like @ArexRew pointed out, and maybe you’d get +15 attack and dex as the maximum? Your screen would slowly get more blurry as time wore on. By the maximum at around 10 minutes, your screen would be as blurred the same way you’d be blurred when you’re drunk.
The only thing I’m not sure about is the time it takes to get fully “lost”. Some dungeons, you’re only in them for 2-5 minutes while some dungeons take 30 minutes. Do you think the rate of increase should be the same throughout all dungeons?

I love the concept, and it makes perfect sense with a literal flesh collector. However, I don’t think it’s strong enough. Maybe the droprate of supple flesh could be 10%, and it would grant a permanent +1 to all stats (+20 HP/MP), lasting for the dungeon. So if the player manages to kill around 100 enemies in a single dungeon, he’d get +10 to all stats, and +200 HP/MP! Of course, there could be a max on this, and that’s always up for debate.

I like the idea of added bonuses when at full HP. It gives a lot more value in dodging and good decision-making. However, I don’t think that the actual passive is easy to code in and I think there could be a better idea with this. Any thoughts?

Not invincible though because when you invinvible, you can go up and east shots :smiley:

My personal opinions.

Betwixt the Void gives you too much power. My personal opinion is that during that time, all hp regen also stop so that the entire purpose is to get you to back up rather then being the equivalent of never dying for wizards with legendary-divine pets.

Mecca of Madness simply doesn’t seem worth it to me. Drunk can actually screw you up a lot more then a dps buff will help you.

Flesh Collector: Cool idea. Slight dislike because consumables can be kept and used on any class. I think it would be better for a slightly higher buff in exchange for having a chance of gaining it when dealing damage.

Akuma Slayer Set: Cool idea. I like the idea but don’t like implementation. I would either go with just the half damage or give you ability a small chance to “parry”. Another idea would to give your ability a small chance to absorb shots.

No.

Invincible is what you get when you teleport. It means shots pass through you.

Invulnerable is what the Oreo gives you. It means you cannot take damage but non piercing shots are blocked by you.

Ethereal best matches invincible.

You are correct. For some reason I thought the only difference was status effects.

Doesn’t invulnerable still allow you to take liquid damage? I haven’t played with my oreo yet, so I’m not entirely sure.

Good ideas but may take quite some time to impement these changes with the coding and stuff so I think would be implemented in the near future or until unity is released…

I think that there should be two variants of each ST piece: soulbound and tradable. The soulbound versions of these STs will be obtainable through purchases, misery mystery boxes, and ST chests. The only way to get a tradable ST is if you obtain it as a drop from the enemy meant to drop it.

Normally, I’d consider leaving alone the STs that are already soulbound or tradable, but I figured, “ehh, screw it. Make all the STs already in the game out to be SB. I want to watch the world burn.” But that’s just the evil genius in me talking.

I think that this idea is great because it means the bad STs can become good, and it means that there is a benefit in wearing the whole set rather than just one piece (cough cough pixie)

I think having two types is needlessly intricate, and confusing for players. Also, the problem of duping with those items still persists.
I agree with making all pieces soulbound, but once duping/RWT is no longer a threat, I’d love to make ST items tradeable again.

Well I say that because I believe that items purchased with Realm Gold should never be tradable. If it would be too troublesome to have two different variants, then all STs should be soulbound.

People who were purchasing STs with realm gold made a conscious decision to buy an item from the game. What’s the issue? If the problem is more STs in the game, then that is fine because DECA makes more money off the ST boxes.

I never said it was a bad thing to buy STs. I just said that they should be soulbound if they are purchased using real life currency.