Best backup class

I want to know your opinions on the best backup class in case my pally dies and I can rebuild fairly quickly, I have a mystic top set (gotta love the realmeye giveaway.) So yeah have at it

Rotmg - Class Tier List
Best 6 Classes
4 Classes
What classes are easy to rebuild on?
Favorite classes?

I’d go with archer in case you have a doom bow.
Archer combines a nice dps output and reasonable defensive stats. Furthermore the 7.0 range of the doom bow grants a “cautious playstyle”, which makes archer (imo) to the best allround grinding class. It gets even more enjoyable to play archer if you get your hand on a coral bow (it has 7.8 range), turning the playsyle to something similar how the wizard is played, but with better defensive stats.

I’d probably recommend using some of those Mystic tops for a Wizard then buying a Spell. As @Seranum said, Doom Archer is pretty great, but if you can land lots of Spellbombs, the Wizard may be your favorite option.

Imom going to say that from my experience, which is just countless stupid deaths. The best classes to rebuild on for me are rogue and pally. This is because of the easy ability to rush dungeons like the abby and sewers, as well as a good amount of dps with etherite, and pally always has a good amount of dps

6/8 warrior great back up. You can use for shats tombs trenches when ur pally is still alive.

I don’t have a doom bow as of now and i’m working towards getting one, and i’ll think about making a warrior (hard to max) and i’ve played on rogues but they are just a little to squish for me

some other topics if you want to read, most are a bit different, but provide lots of good explanations

this last one is a results of a huge survey.

any good (and safe) glands farmer

There’s another topic exactly like this, only difference is the title :wink:

But we don’t mind you starting another topic because this one got auto-locked already.

fck, didnt see that one! must add to my list

Archer if you want that quick SB and you can aim; of course, you must have a dbow or similar
Wizard if you can aim those spells and you stay in the back
Warrior/pally/knight if you like running in and not being scared.

Don’t try with assassin/rogue, they’re no good as backups as they can’t get SB at all.

…

idk why everyone hates the rogue so much?

It is good as a 3rd class it is rlly hard to farm pots on a rogue in case ur main dies.

I heard that tricksters are better overall; assassin dps is pretty low if you’re not using a dagger, in my opinion the poison is for rushing/clearing. For rogues, I feel that they don’t really help on bosses since the boss shoots everywhere anyways.

For the trickster, I’ve heard from my friend that she has the highest dagger dps

My Rogue is godly when it comes to farming pups, sprites, abyss’, OTs, Tombs, etc. Soulbound thresholds are usually low enough for a Rogue to get loot, and if you are the one rushing you’ll probably get enough damage in to hit SB in those 5s of cloak.

Tricksters do have the highest dagger DPS, but it really doesn’t matter when most of the time you can just sit there and not worry about missing your shots on Rogue as you would Trickster.

EDIT: Well, as long as you don’t die due to O1 lag Rogue is “godly”… I gotta say, that timing was impeccable, couldn’t have happened at a more worst moment :confused:

Really? I cant stand doing puppets on rogues… and rogue is my favorite class… I get all the other ones, but the 3rd puppet phase when he spawns all the same guys starts to hurt after a little while… other than that I completely agree with the rest

A good strategy for thst is too drag them all into a corner and cloak away. They canr folloe you so youll be fine just sitting next to boss.

I recommend having a wizard as a backup class with at least defense and dexterity maxed out. The wizard has very high dps and good range meaning you can easily farm god lands and rebuild up a character. Also be sure to aim your spell bombs well.

I have 5 backup knights. I think they are perfect as backup characters if you can max their def easily. They’re very safe and best of all very laid back and easy. You can easily get away with old tops on a backup knight.

O_O

thats a lot