The Monolith Dungeon (WIP)

This is a sneak peak on my first dungeon idea that I’ve been working on.

Event Boss

TK-59

• HP: 80,000
  • DEF: 30
  • EXP: 8,000
  • Spawn Location: Around Highlands/Godlands
  • Level 20 Quest
  • Immune to paralyze
  • immune to stasis
  • immune to stun

Attacks

• Damage: 95
  • Speed: 6
  • Range: 8
  • Pierces Players

• Damage: 150
  • Speed: 4
  • Range: 12

• Damage: 35
  • Speed: 10
  • Range: 6
  • Condition Effect: Sick for 4 seconds
  • Ignores Armor
  • Pierces Players

Behavior

Upon encountering TK-59, it will begin to glow red for 5 seconds, then the fight will begin.

First Phase 100% HP

Taunt: “Threat Level: minimal. Initializing standard eradication protocols, bleep.”

TK-59 will begin shooting a circle of red spirals every second with 4 red planet blasts directed towards the closest player at a constant pace. TK-59 will wander the battle area at a slow pace.

Second Phase 75% HP

Taunt: “Moderate damage sustained to system, system running at sub-optimal standards, blip”

TK-59 will switch to firing two volleys of fire bolts, one every 2 seconds, and the other every 3 seconds.
Red spirals will fire in an X formation. TK will follow the closest player at a moderate speed.

Third Phase 45% HP

Taunt: “Critical failure of weapon stabilizers, system running at sub standardly.”
Taunt: “You fail to realize what you’re unleashing, blip.”

TK-59 Stops shooting for 5 seconds and becomes invulnerable, glowing increasingly red until he suddenly bursts a wave of fire bolts in 360 degrees. afterwards, it will fire 8 red planet blasters in a wavy pattern every half second towards the closest player, along with red spirals in an unpredictable pattern. TK will follow players at a slow speed for 10 seconds, then wander for 5 seconds at a moderate speed.

Fourth Phase 20% HP

Taunt: “WARNING, HEAT VENTILATION FAILURE, SYSTEMS IN CRITICAL CONDITION, BLEEP.”

TK becomes stationary, and releases a torrent of 12 red planet blasts every half second in a alternating 90 degree angle. Fire bolts will slowly shotgun around in a full circle during the entire phase.

Death Phase 7% HP

Taunt: “CORE CRITICALLY DAMAGED. INITIALIZING SELF DESTRUCT MEASURES”

TK will remain stationary and become invulnerable before announcing his 2nd taunt.

Taunt: “SELF DESTRUCT MEASURES INITIALIZED, BLIPPITY.”

TK-59 will move at a sporadic but slow pace while shotguns of all of its bullets will be unleashed in a full circle, killing anyone who get’s caught in it. TK-59 will remain invulnerable for 5 more seconds before exploding in a mess of fire bolts.

Monolith: Entrance 100% drop chance

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

HEHE Potion of Attack

HEHE Potion of Defense

HEHE Potion of Speed

Notable Gear Loot%20Bag%205

T10-T11 Weapons
Emeraldshard DaggerBow of Fey MagicStaff of Diabolic SecretsWand of ShadowArchon SwordIchimonji
Agateclaw DaggerBow of Innocent BloodStaff of Astral KnowledgeWand of Ancient WarningSkysplitter SwordMuramasa

T11-T12 Armors
Hippogriff Hide ArmorRobe of the Moon WizardVengeance Armor
Griffon Hide ArmorRobe of the Elder WarlockAbyssal Armor

Rest is trash armor/weapons/rings

Untiered Drop HEHE

Unstable Core (Ring UT)

The core taken from a busted TK battle drone. while badly damaged, the core is still able to unleash large amounts of energy without melting down.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: -5 DEF, +3 ATT, +75 HP,
  • Special Effect: Taking damage will sometimes result in a grenade being thrown to the closest enemy, exploding in a 6 tile radius and dealing 150 armor piercing damage and inflicting weak for 4 seconds.
  • Effect Cooldown: 3 Seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 4
  • Feed Power: 750

Drops From:

• TK-59

Let me know what you guys think, because I really have no clue how to design good enemies :confused:

(Or sprites in general)

Edit 4/3/19: Woops, forgot to include the ring stats…
Edit: 4/419: Recolored some sprites and added effect for grenade.

Operation Spitfire Devlog

Before I give my “knowledge”, I just want to say that this is far better than what I could have done.

I think it should have a different “core” color (the yellow/orange) to match with the actual boss. Same with the other projectile sprites, they just seem “obsolete” and “used”.

What type of weapon (stave, sword, bow, dagger, katana) or ability (helm, seal, quiver, trap, tome, skull, etc) is this?

I think you should add a phase like Janus or Sentry, that shots a dense shotgun a few times with of course lots of room to dodge.

That’s a ring xd

I’ll add a tag to clear up the confusion.

Part one of the Monolith Entrance :smiley:
( I was gonna do it in a google doc, but I’ma do Redox’s method cuz it’s faster).

The Monolith: Entrance

Enemies

TK-58 Security drone

• HP: 2,000
  • DEF: 10
  • EXP: 150
  • Immune to slow

Attacks

• Damage: 65
  • Speed: 8

TK-62 Barrage Drone

• HP: 1500
  • DEF: 25
  • EXP: 250
  • Immune to stun

Attacks

• Damage: 50
  • Range: 10
  • Pierces Players
  • Ignores Armor

TK-51 Turret System

• HP: 3000
  • Stationary
  • DEF: 45
  • EXP: 600
  • Placement: Peach colored dots on map
  • Immune to stasis
  • Immune to daze

Attacks

• Damage: 75
  • Condition Effect: Bleed for 2 Seconds.

DP-30 Assassin Drone

• HP 2,000
  • DEF: 5
  • EXP: 300
  • Immune to Paralyze

Attack

• Damage: 100
  • Range: 3
  • Condition Effect: Weak for 4 seconds

Layout

Players will spawn to the bottom middle of the map. Upon spawning, a drone will prompt a password to proceed with security off.

Automated Security System (ASS)

Taunt: “Please input passcode”

If ten seconds passes without the correct passcode, the security system will activate full alert mode and open the door (In purple).

Taunt: “WARNING, INTRUDERS IN THE VANCITY, ACTIVATING TURRETS.”

Inputting the correct code will result in entrance doorway security turning off, but shortly after entering, the security system will notice you as intruders and activate drones further into the dungeon.

Taunt: “Access granted, please proceed.”

Switch One

Players will make their way to the 1st large room, with a locked room to their right. In order to advance, players will need to go to the orange dot on the left and activate the button. The Purple dot is for the passcode to make runs easier the 2nd time.

Switch Two

After activating the 2nd switch, the right doorway will open, containing 5-6 drones. In the upper hallway, 2 Turret Drones will constantly fire bullets, killing them is optional of course. Proceeding to the large rectangle room will include a couple dozen drones with assassin DPs sprinkled in to keep you on your toes. The 2nd switch will be above a turret drone against a large pillar, required to open the 2nd orange doorway.

Path to Boss

The Final hallway to the boss room is a simple hallway with two turrets and drones littering the hall.

I’ll add in part two when I finish writing the boss stuff.

What is the password going to be?

Part Two of the Monolith Entrance :space_invader:

The Monolith: Entrance

Boss

TK-24 Servitor

• HP: 85,000
  • DEF: 50
  • EXP: 9,000
  • Shown On Mini Map
  • Immune to Stasis
  • Immune to Daze
  • Immune to slow
  • Immune to Armor Break

Attacks

• Damage: 85
  • Speed: 2
  • Pierces Players
  • Condition Effect: Armor Broken for 3 seconds.

• Speed: 5

Giant Blast

• Speed: 1
  • Range: 20
  • ignores Armor
  • Condition Effect: Cursed for 5 seconds

• Condition Effect: Stunned for 3 seconds

• Condition Effect: Sick for 2 seconds

Behavior

Upon encountering TK-24, it will taunt and wait around 4 seconds and then the fight will start
Taunt: " Downtrodden fleshlings like yourself should not be here. I will rectify this issue however, by eradicating you! blip."

First Phase 100% HP

Taunt: “Automatic firing ready. bleep ”

TK-24 will shoot fire bolts at the closest player while littering the room with red stars. It shoot a full circle of silver shields to protect itself from players attempting to shotgun it. TK-24 moves at a moderate pace, wandering around the boss room.

Second Phase 75% HP

Taunt: “Typical sapiens, meddling in affairs you have no knowledge in…"
Taunt: “Has the collapse of your kingdoms and those wretched catacombs taught you nothing?”

TK-24 will go to the center of the room, and shortly after will begin charging players at a moderate speed, firing 2 shotguns of 6 silver shields and 5 large fire bolts. Anyone who can’t get away fast enough will die obviously.

Third Phase 50% HP

Taunt: “Core stabilization failing, initiating fail safe. blip”
Taunt: “Lets see you dodge this mongrels!”

TK-24 goes back to the center of the room, and releases 10 shotguns of giant red blasts in a hour glass formation moving left to right about 45 degrees, each one spaced out by half a second. 2 straight lines of firebolts will be shot, one clockwise, and the other counter. 24 occasionally calls 3 Assassin Drones to his aid, with a 40% chance of failing and no reinforcements arriving.

Fourth Phase 20% HP

Taunt: “Critical failure of core stabilization.”
Taunt: “I cannot fail, not with all that’s at stake!”

24 stops his previous attacks and circle the center of the room. It will let out a full circle of Giant Red Blasts and large firebolts every 2 seconds, with added red stars littering the boss room.

Death Phase 10% HP

Taunt: “MULTIPLE SYSTEM FAILURE, INITIALIZING EMERGENCY SHU- ”
Taunt: “Overwritten! I care not for my life, I will stop you!”

TK-24 will charge at the nearest player and attempt to bomb them with a volley of giant red blasts, it will have a 1 second delay before unleashing the fatal attack. Assassin Drones will also spawn every 6 seconds up to a maximum of 10

Monolith: Technology Center

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

HEHE Potion of Defense (Common)

HEHE Greater Potion of Vitality (Uncommon)

HEHE Greater Potion of Dexterity (Uncommon)

T12 Gear (Rarely)
Dagger of Foul MalevolenceBow of Covert HavensStaff of the Cosmic WholeWand of RecompenseSword of AcclaimMasamune

T13 Armor (Rarely)

Hydra Skin ArmorRobe of the Grand SorcererAcropolis Armor
Rest is sub par abilites/rings/equipment (mostly mid game items)

Untiered Drop HEHE

Servitor Core (UT Orb)

The short-circuited core of the Servitor Drone. In it’s condition, mana can still flow through to produce interesting results.

• MP Cost: 120
  • Curse and daze on enemies. healing on self
  • Curse Radius: 6 Tiles
  • Daze Radius: 3 Tiles
  • Curse Duration: 4 seconds
  • Daze Duration: 4 seconds
  • Healing Duration 8 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +4 VIT, +4 ATT
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 650

This is the end of the entrance portion of the Monolith Dungeon. I’ll be doing the technology center later on once it’s mostly complete >:

The password is Bleep Blip.

The greater pot of vit is going to be dropped in the heroic Abby so does the dex one with the killer queens bee, why not life or mana

It’s mainly because this is very early on in the dungeon, and I don’t want really good greater potions to drop from the first boss. Mid-way through will be when greater life and mana potions will begin dropping.

Part one of the Monolith: Technology Center

The Monolith: Technology Center

Enemies

OR-93 Assistant Droid

• HP: 2250
  • DEF: 15
  • EXP: 200
  • Immune to stun
  • Special Properties: Heals allied enemy units for 50 HP per second.
  • Can not attack
  • Flees to closest ally

OR-57 Tech Security

• HP: 2500
  • DEF: 20
  • Immune to stasis
  • Immune to Paralyze

Attacks

• Range: 7

Technology Center Turret System

• HP: 3500
  • Stationary
  • EXP: 700
  • Placement: Dark Orange Dots on map
  • Immune to stasis
  • immune to Daze
  • Immune to Exposed

Attacks

• Speed: 7
  • Condition Effect: Quiet for 2 seconds

OR-76 Servitor

• HP: 2000
  • Immune to Stun
  • Immune to Curse

Attacks

DP-30 Assassin Drone

• HP 2,500
  • DEF: 10
  • EXP: 400
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to Stasis

Attack

• Damage: 115
  • Range: 4
  • Condition Effect: Weak for 4 seconds

Hologram Decoy

• HP 3500
  • DEF: 0
  • EXP: 0
  • Immune to everything
  • Special Behavior: Walks to nearest allied enemy and shields them, purposefully walking in front of players to absorb Player shots.

Layout

Players will spawn in the middle of the map. Upon spawning, the A.S.S will announce a security breach in the current dungeon.

Taunt: “ALERT, ORGANIC BREACH IN TECHNOLOGY CENTER, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.”

In order to reach the main boss (colored in bright red) players will have to make their way to all 3 mini bosses (colored in dark red) in order to open the pathway for the main boss.

Part Two of the Monolith: Technology Center :d

Mini Boss One

To the left of spawn, going through narrow corridors to the top room

OR-75 B.E.H.O.L.D.E.R

• HP: 30,000
  • EXP: 6,000
  • Immune to Daze
  • Immune to stun
  • Immune to Stasis

Attacks

• Speed: 7
  • Ignores Armor
  • Condition Effect: Darkness for 7 seconds
  • Condition Effect: Confuse for 5 seconds

• Damage: 155

Behavior

Upon entering the room, OR-75 Will taunt, then wait 2 seconds before starting the fight.
Taunt: “Interesting, I haven’t seen fleshlings like yourself in a long time.”

First Phase

Taunt: “The Autopsy of your remains may have what we need to solve our crisis.”

Beholder will circle the edge of the room, firing orange stars and orange bolts at the closest player. After a while, he will go back to the center of the room and shoot a line of orange bolts at the closest player and then repeat.

Second Phase 25% HP

Taunt: “Fools, you seek to destroy that of which is protecting the realm!”
Beholder will go to the center of the room (if he already isn’t there) and telegraph the side that he’s going to shotgun with orange stars (similar to janus). Failing to dodge will obviously end in death. He will continue doing this until death.

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

HEHE Potion of Greater Defense

Untiered Drop HEHE

Enlightened Winged Scythe (UT Katana)

One of B.E.H.O.L.D.E.R’s wings refashioned as a weapon. Some of it’s magic has seeped into it, allowing for precise cleaves to pierce armor, and making the wielder more knowledgeable.

• Shots: 1
  • FireRate: 130%
  • Damage: 83-105 (Average: 94)
  • Projectile Speed: 13 Tiles/Second
  • Range 5.25
  • Stat Bonus: +30 MP, +5 WIS
  • Effect: Shots hit multiple targets
  • Special Property: Ignores Armor
  • Feed power: 850

Mini Boss Two

South of Spawn, A simple stroll past a corridor and the destruction of 4 turrets in the storage room.

OR-40 Storage Manager

• Immune to Daze
  • Immune to stun
  • Immune to Stasis

Attacks

• Damage: 70

Attacks

• Damage: 105

Behavior

Upon entering, OR-40 will taunt and wait 3 seconds before starting the fight
Taunt: “Organics aren’t supposed to be in here!”

Phase one 100% HP

Taunt: “Blip!”

OR-40 will wander the room, shooting orange bolts and blue missiles at the closest player, while summoning a OR-93 Droid to heal him. He will also summon 2 Assassin droids every 3 minutes, so caution is needed to prevent over stacking.

Phase Two 50% HP

Taunt: “If you destroy me, who will organize all this junk!?”

OR-40 will go to the center of the room, and fire a line of orange missiles at the closest player. He will also fire orange bolts in a cross formation, 2 Assistant Droids will spawn when this phase is triggered. This phase will continue until death.

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

HEHE Potion of Greater Speed

Untiered Drop HEHE

Storage Uniform (UT Heavy Armor)

A technological wonder that allowed the wearer to do physical labor for hours without tiring. It was made redundant however after the automation of all living Monolith occupants. OR-40 was the only one who held on to It’s uniform, one can guess it was as a memento to it’s former life.

• Stat Bonus: +10 DEF, +10 VIT
  • Special Property: Speedy on equip
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 850

Mini Boss Three

To the right of spawn, past the server rooms in the main server room.

OR-58 Security Overseer

• Immune to Daze
  • Immune to stun
  • Immune to Stasis

Behavior

Like the other two mini bosses, OR-58 will taunt and wait 2 seconds before starting the battle.
Taunt: “You’ll regret destroying TK-59, fleshlings! bloopy.”

First Phase 100% HP

Taunt: “Mass production at it’s finest! bleep.”

OR-58 summons 5 hologram decoys to circle itself while summoning additional Security Drones to mow you down. It will wander the room at a moderate pace and occasionally summon more holograms and drones.

Second Phase 50% HP

Taunt: “Assassins, dispatch these intruders, before the calamity overtakes our forces!”

OR-58 will switch from summoning security to Assassin Drones, but at a longer delay. It’s hologram summoning will be cut by 3 and movement will increase. This continues until death.

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

PNG Greater Potion of Attack

Untiered Drop HEHE

Com Beacon (UT Seal)

A piece of circuitry attached to Security Overseers which allowed communication between the Monolith’s many Security units on each floor.

• MP Cost: 100
  • Special Property: Allows for the summoning of 1 OR/TK drone for 6 Seconds (Only one present at a time)
  • Healing and DEX increase on self and allies
  • Armored on Self
  • Effect Radius: 5 Tiles
  • Heal Duration: 6 seconds
  • DEX Increase Duration: 5 seconds
  • Armored Duration: 3 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +3 ATT, +3 SPD
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 750

Path to Main Boss

After all 3 mini bosses are killed, the northern door will open and allow players to face the main boss of The Technology Center.

Part Three will be out later cuz I lost a big chunk of it :frowning:

( Oh yeah and I had to redo this because I also lost it oof)

Boss

OR-36 Head Administrator

• HP: 90,000
  • EXP: 12,000
  • Immune to Daze
  • Immune to stun
  • Immune to Stasis
  • Immune to Paralyze

Behavior

Once you approach him inside the final room, he will taunt and wait 5 seconds before starting the fight
Taunt: “This is as far as you’ll go, ‘heroes’.”

First Phase 100% HP

Taunt: “Prepare to face oblivion! blippy”

The Administrator will summon numerous Security drones topped with Assassin drones to protect itself at a semi frequent rate. It cannot fight back on it’s own however, and will be vulnerable once it’s allies have been dealt with.

Second Phase 75% HP

Taunt: “Pah! Mongrels, you cannot defeat one as cunning and tactful as me!”

The Administrator will run away from players while OR-76 Servitors and TK-62 Barrage drones spawn occasionally. It will be immune to slow during this phase.

Third Phase 50% HP

Taunt: “I tire of this, send in the duplicates. bloop.”

Duplicates of the three mini bosses will be summons to fight you, however, they will only have 1/3 of their hp and will only do their first phase attacks. The administrator will be invulnerable for this phase until all three mini bosses have been dealt with. Mini bosses will also be able to drop their unique UTs, but at decreased rates.

Fourth Phase 50% HP

Taunt: “I was not built for combat situations, where’s my security!? BLEEP!”

The Administrator wanders this entire phase at a slow speed and is completely vulnerable to all attacks. No additional enemies will spawn during this phase.

Fifth Phase 25% HP

Taunt: “DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING? WE WILL ALL BE DESTROYED IF IT MAKES IT OUT OF HERE.”

Several TK and OR monsters will be summoned by the Administrator every 10 seconds, it will flee players at a slow pace during this phase. This phase will continue until death.

Monolith: Engineering Quarter

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

PNG Potion of Greater Wisdom

T12 Gear (Uncommonly)
Dagger of Foul MalevolenceBow of Covert HavensStaff of the Cosmic WholeWand of RecompenseSword of AcclaimMasamune

T13 Armor (Uncommonly)

Hydra Skin ArmorRobe of the Grand SorcererAcropolis Armor
Rest is okay abilites/rings/equipment (mostly mid-late game items)

Untiered Drop HEHE

Head Scientist’s Robe (UT Robe)

A well worn robe used by the Head Administrator, an AI that contracted a serious case of megalomania. It doesn’t seem to belong to the Administrator, as it has abbreviated Initials on a name tag of sort, “D.T”.

• Stat Bonus: +9 DEF, +7 ATT, +4 DEX, +8 WIS, +35 MP
  • Feed Power: 1000

That’s all for the Technology Center, I’ll upload more when I iron out stuff for the engineering quarter.

Edit: I’m gonna fix the robe sprite, it looks D I S G U S T I N G.
Fixed now.

Edit: 4/7/19: Woops I removed the inner shading on accident .-.

Part one of the Monolith: Engineering Quarter

The Monolith: Engineering Quarter

Enemies

GM-100 Security

• HP: 3000
  • Immune to stasis
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to slow

Attacks

• Condition Effect: Bleed for 2 seconds

GM-95 Heavy Security

• HP: 6000
  • DEF: 40
  • EXP: 1,200
  • Immune to stasis
  • Immune to slow
  • Immune to stun

Attacks

• Damage: 45
  • Ignores armor

Behavior

This slim piece of machinery will let out a line of acid bolts to the closest player, while letting out a small wave of green blades to dissuade rushers.

Drop (Uncommonly)Loot%20Bag%206

Engineering Quarter Heavy Artillery

• HP: 7000
  • DEF: 75
  • EXP: 1,400
  • Placement: Bright orange Dots on map
  • Immune to Bleeding
  • immune to Daze
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to Curse

Attacks

• Range: 16
  • Pierces Players
  • Ignores Armor

• Damage: 35
  • Speed: 3
  • Range: 2
  • Pierces Players
  • Ignores Armor
  • Condition Effect: Stunned for 3 seconds
  • Condition Effect: Silenced for 5 seconds

Behavior

The heavy Artillery will follow players at a far distance, charging up its cannon in the middle for 6 seconds before letting out one magical ball of plasma. This will cause it to discharge and shoot shockwaves from it’s body. (Knights, mystics and Samurais are really important for effectively taking out this heavy unit.)

Drop (Rarely)Loot%20Bag%206

PNG Greater Potion of Mana

DP-30 Assassin Drone

• HP 3,000
  • DEF: 15
  • EXP: 450
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to Stasis
  • Immune to Slow

Attack

• Damage: 135
  • Range: 5
  • Condition Effect: Weak for 3 seconds
  • Condition Effect: Bleed for 2 seconds

DP-54 Assassin Droid

• HP 9,000
  • EXP: 3,000
  • Not Marked On Map
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to Stasis
  • Immune to Stun

Attacks

• Damage: 125
  • Condition Effect: Weak for 1 second

• Condition Effect: Bleed for 4 seconds

Behavior

Droids will pace towards players and shoot weakening shots before quickly backing off and spraying fire bolts. Will actively stalk players once encountered until killed. Will spawn 2 Assassin drones on death.

Drop (Uncommonly)Loot%20Bag%206

PNG Greater Potion of Attack

GM-56 Quarantine Drone

• HP: 3250
  • Immune to stasis
  • Immune to Sick
  • Immune to Dazed

Attack

• Speed: 3

GM-112 Servitor

• HP: 3,000
  • Immune to Stun
  • Immune to Curse
  • Immune to slow

Attack

• Condition Effect: Silenced for 2 seconds

HP-1 Potion Dispenser

• Friendly
  • Marked Pink on The Map
  • Invincible
  • Stationary
  • Immune to all debuffs
  • Can not attack
  • Dispenses consumable mp and hp potions to players.

Behavior

Potion Dispenser will throw chests filled with hp and mp pots like Guill when prompted correctly if you are close to it, and will taunt.

Example Prompts: “Potions, Pots, Help”

Taunt: “Dispensing, have a nice day.”

Layout

Players will spawn to the bottom middle of the map. A.S.S will announce another breach, this time in the “Quarantine Zone”.

Taunt: “ALERT, Quarantine breach in Testing Wing, all Available units will be dispatched immediately. compromised units are to be eradicated immediately.”

Very Similar to lost halls and it’s rooms, except each room is blockaded with metal destructible walls (in dark gray) that must be destroyed to progress (prevents rushing and room spillage). Random Varieties of enemies will be spawned in each room, except Artillery who’s spawnrates are fixed.

Path to Boss

Like lost halls, just wander around until you stumble upon the boss room, then the fight will begin.

Part two coming soonish. probably.

Part two of the Engineering Quarter

The Monolith: Engineering Quarter

Boss

DP-127 Heart of Terror

• HP: 120,000
  • EXP: 15,000
  • Immune to Daze
  • Immune to stun
  • Immune to Stasis
  • Immune to Paralyze
  • Immune to Slow

Attacks

• Condition Effect: Weak for 2 second

• Damage: 80
  • Condition Effect: Bleed for 3 seconds

Spectral pain dagger

• Damage: 125
  • Condition Effect: Silence for 5 seconds
  • Ignores Armor

Giant Essence Star

• Damage: 200
  • Speed: 1
  • Range: 30
  • Condition Effect: Sick for 5 seconds

Behavior

Once you enter the room the Heart of terror resides in, several Assassin drones and Droids will swarm GM-127, firing and warn of the compromised elite unit.

Taunt: “Compromised elite unit, Exercise extreme caution!”
Taunt: “Prevent DP-127 from exiting at all costs.”
Taunt: “Bleep.”

DP-127 will release a shockwave of spectral pain daggers, killing all the Assassin units. It will taunt and wait 5 seconds before starting the battle

Taunt: “You see me tainted, but I have achieved true enlightenment OR-75 could only dream of!”

First Phase 100% HP

DP-127 fires small waves of silver shields while following the closest player for 10 seconds, then moves to the center of the room and shoots spectral pain daggers for 5 seconds, and then repeating.

Second Phase 75% HP

Taunt: “Others have seen the truth of our existence, they will aid us until they have seen their last glimpse of light!”

DP-127 summons 5 compromised Assassin Droids and drones (Who will attack you) and will shoot fire bolts in a X pattern every second. This phase will continue until all Assassin units are dead. GM-127 will also be invulnerable during this phase.

Third Phase 75% HP

Taunt: “Yet you deny reality, how cute.”

two more compromised Assassin droids will be summoned to fight for DP-127, while they are not necessary to kill, it’s important to kill them as to not get overwhelmed. DP-127 will fire a rotating light of Spectral pain daggers a full 360 degrees, then stop for 4 seconds before repeating this action.

Fourth Phase 50% HP

Taunt: " Perhaps this will fill the VOID in your mind."

DP-127 releases Giant essence stars, which will circle around for a long while before disappearing. It pursues the closest player at a slow speed as well while firing a shockwave of 10 silver shields.

Fifth Phase 25%

Taunt: “I cannot die like this! The ascended one will not allow it surely!”

DP-127 continues his previous phase patterns, on top of firing spectral pain daggers to the farthest player. It will stop following players however, instead going to the center of the room and becoming armor broken and weakened.

Sixth Phase 10%

Taunt: “Iiahe Y’ Y’ ah’mglw’nafh nogephaii l’ mgn’ghft ot yogfm’ll. Mg ymg’ ah’legeth ephaiuh’eor mgr’luh syha’h ah’li!”

(AS I DIE I RETURN TO THE LIGHT OF THE STARS. YET YOU FOOLS WILL ONLY SEE ETERNAL TORTURE!)

DP-127 will pull out all stops at this point, firing Giant essence stars in all directions, killing it is top priority to prevent a potential wipe. This phase will continue until death.

Monolith: Clean Up and Recycling Ward

Drops

Potions Loot%20Bag%206

PNG Greater Potion of Life

PNG Greater Potion of Mana

Untiered Drop HEHE

Compromised Droid Core (UT Prism)

The compromised core of DP-127. While not having teleportation, the core made up for this issue with it’s energy efficient attacks and improvement of overall unit circuitry. How this is able to benefit humans is beyond scientific reasoning.

• MP Cost: 95
  • Damaging and Dexterity Up on self
  • Damaging Duration: 3 seconds
  • Dexterity Up Duration: 5 seconds
  • Special Property: Fires a Spectral pain dagger at mouse direction
  • Projectile Damage: 350
  • Projectile Properties: ignores Armor, exposed for 2 seconds.
  • Stat Bonus: +3 ATT, +5 VIT
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1,000

Ally

Garvol, Surveyor of The Mad God

• HP: 100,000
  • Invincible
  • Immune to all debuffs
  • Is marked on map with a green dot

Behavior

Upon killing DP-127, Garvol will spawn from one of the crevices in the room, and initiate a one sided conversation with the player(s)

Taunt: “I was about to lose hope that no one was going to stop that dangerous fellow.”

Taunt: “I am Garvol, my liege’s eyes and ears in the realm, or was.”

Taunt: “But there is little time for introductions. We must hurry to the testing wing of this facility.”

Taunt: "I’ll explain everything once we get there. For now, continue onwards, but do be warry of the metallic fellows past this post. The situation has gotten quite dire now.

Garvol will crawl into one of the holes and disappear, leaving you to proceed onwards into the Clean up Wing of the Monolith.

And that’s all for the Engineering Quarters!

Now that I’ve gotten to the halfway point of this mega dungeon, I would to see some of your guys’ feedback on what could be improved. I’ll leave a little poll here as well to gauge the overall response.

What do you think of the dungeon so far?

• .A (Absolutely Fantastic)
  • .B (Good, but needs a few tweaks)
  • .C (Alright, but could be better)
  • .D (Nest level of quality)
  • .F (Terrible idea)
  • .Alphabet Soup

0 voters

Currently main thing that bothers me is lack of outlines and inconsistent background colors, making it harder to make out what are the sprites supossed to be.

Thanks for that, I’ll go through the current sprites and increase the contrast between pixels to make its easier to see.

• Fixed Engineering Quarter sprites, they don’t have the black background anymore and are much more dark.

• Fixed Technology Center sprites, same as above.

• Fixed Entrance Sprites, Same as first point.

• Last but not least, fixed Event Boss sprites Same as first point.

• Keeping portals the same tho

I am overall happier with these new darker sprites than the originals, as even I couldn’t see much sometimes lol. So I’ll remember to not go ham on the light or dark colors from now on.

As for outlines I can’t really do that since I’m using piskel to draw them, but I’ll see what I can do once this thing is completely done.

I’m gonna begin posting the next part in the line up soon, but I’ll leave the poll up so people can still vote :slight_smile: .

The robe! THE ROBE!

wut’s wrong with it?

o

ok :open_mouth: