People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Obviously there wont be a lot of them reading it, but I think it should still be interesting to find out and might lead to some improvments.

it suxs
I don’t see any problems with it. If anything, I’d like to know what type of forum this uses, I know it’s not PHPBB or SMF.

Discourse.

I don’t like how the mods don’t play :frowning:

Discourse, eh?
What a bizarre name for a forum engine.

I’d like the forum a lot more if more than like ten people used it, there’s just no real reason to lurk on this over the subreddit

??

unactivity, leading to less use, leading to lesser activities.

Because of the way everyone thinks that Daze is OP.

Wait what

Reddit’s threaded conversation model has some pretty big advantages, letting discussions split in interesting ways. On a forum like this all it takes is a few off topic or incendiary comments and the thread is trashed. Combine that with lower data density (more whitespace, can’t collapse reply branches you don’t care for) and seemingly common low effort posts (“no u”). Suddenly the signal-to-noise ratio gets a lot worse for a casual reader. Frustrating, even. I know I feel this way sometimes, and i’ve heard more or less the same feedback from others on /r/rotmg before.

…:triumph:

HEY DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT DAZE

/s

no u

am i doing this right?

Not a fan of discourse. I like some things but I find myself coming back to reddit repeatedly.

Was this before Brain of the Golem?

ew it’s past me can he get banned already pls he’s super toxic

Who?

past me

it’s like, in the sentence. literally right before the part you quoted.

To me, the tradeoff is worth it to stay away from reddit. :latin_cross:

You still havent even given any reason why you think daze is bad. No point complaining about something when you dont say anything about it.

In comparison to the old Kabam forums this one is of course a lot better but, as controversial as this sounds, a forum that is extremely easy to register and use like this one will actually have lower thread quality. It’s too easy to derail threads because posting any comment here is as easy as typing a message in discord, and it’s boring to skim through pages of 3-word replies that will just waste your time. This is the reason I found this forum extremely annoying to read at first, but I got used to it.

It’s counter-intuitive to have those super old forum formats like the old Kabam one, because I remember it was infuriating to post anything since the forum was so bad, and thus only people who really wanted to continue a discussion created posts. This means that the people who posted really put their minds to work and typed a lot, came to conclusions, disagreements, etc.

In here, however, we have a lot of user-friendly tools and display which makes for a better website experience but worse reading experience since we are encouraged to make smaller posts.

One thing I miss from there was the wide design like a true forum, not a facebook-y big font scroll like this one. However, Discourse website works perfectly fine on mobile so it’s a great thing. It was impossible to use the other ones on mobile.