|Last updated: X15.0.0
The Shatters is an extremely dangerous dungeon, the concept for which was originally drafted by a player named LordShon in the old Wildshadow forums. The original design was heavily modified by the developers and released into the game in December 2013. The dungeon is one of the only sources of Tier 6 (Unbound) rings, the main source of three very powerful untiered rings, and the Twilight Archmage ST Set.
The dungeon portal has a guaranteed chance of dropping from the Avatar of the Forgotten King.
This dungeon does not have to be completed to earn the ‘Tunnel Rat’ fame bonus.
The Shatters is planned to be entirely reworked to fix longstanding issues with the dungeon, such as the easily “cheesable” bosses, poor quality loot including low drop rates, chaotic layout, and inconsistent aesthetics.
|| The Shatters Key is available in the Nexus for 200 and can occasionally be found in certain Mystery Boxes.
See the Shatters Guide for a complete walk-through on the dungeon and all its enemies.
|The Realm Eye says:
The shattered kingdom was a city-state on an island separate from the realm’s main continent. Like many small kingdoms at the time, it was a monarchy.
Although isolated from the mainland, they were known as one of the most powerful kingdoms of their time, simultaneously raising formidable gladiators and making strides in magic research.
In truth, even Oryx himself was formerly a champion of this kingdom before his ambitions of conquest consumed him.
Unlike many other dungeons in the game, the dungeon is not procedurally generated (it has a preset layout).
Back to top
The Forgotten Sentinel
Paladin Obelisk Titanum
Spawns: Inferno, Blizzard
Other enemies: Magi-Generator
The Forgotten King
Spawns: Red Crystal, Blue Crystal, Yellow Crystal, Green Crystal, Helpless Souls, Royal Guardian J
Other enemies: Royal Guardian L
Back to top
Drops of Interest
Back to top
- This dungeon was added in Release 18.0, initially pre-released in Mystery Boxes, which were first implemented in that release. The Shatters replaced the Tomb of the Ancients as the most challenging dungeon in the game at the time. The Shatters’ status was later taken by The Nest in 2017.
- This dungeon was the first to introduce Loot Chests in order for support classes to have a better chance at loot. As of Release X32.4.1, the chests have been removed, and loot now drops directly from the bosses. The soulbound thresholds are extremely low to compensate.
- For years since its release, the Shatters gave a laughable amount of fame (approximately 3) for fully clearing the dungeon, which was a source of disdain from players. As of Release X.15, enemies and bosses in the dungeon give significant amounts of experience, which made this one of the highest-yield dungeons for fame at the time. Since then, better sources of fame such as the Lost Halls were released.
- The dungeon portal originally stayed open for 70 seconds, but this was changed to 30 seconds (like most other dungeon portals) in a Release X.15 hotfix to combat a notification exploit.
Back to top
The dungeon is a rich source of lore in the game.
- The original name for the Shatters is unknown and lost to history.
- The Shatters was Oryx the Mad God’s original home. Oryx became an esteemed gladiator but later forcibly took over the Realms out to fear of losing his power and respect to others.
- Chief Beisa, one of Oryx’s four confidants, was also from the Shatters and served as Oryx’s sparring partner before becoming an elite commander of Oryx’s armies.
- Jon Bilgewater the Pirate King used the Deadwater Docks to illegally smuggle alcohol between the mainland and the Shatters.
- The Void Entity consumed the Shatters in darkness and corrupted all its inhabitants (particularly the Forgotten King), causing the kingdom to fall into ruin and creating the sea of Pure Evil that surrounds the area.
- The flavor text of each Kingdom character skin describes the fall of the Shatters to the Void Entity from the perspective of several of its former inhabitants.